Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

So, PS2 is no longer supported?Follow

#55 Feb 11 2013 at 9:36 AM Rating: Excellent
**
988 posts
Honestly, if the game outlives the hardware it was created on, but makes every effort to keep that platform viable for 11ish-years, you can't hold it against them when the platform is finally folded on.

Today is a good time to play FFXI, computer spec wise. For the most part, anything with an i5 is going to run the game beautifully.

The best way to replicate the ps2 experience for a low cost is to go out and buy a cheap i5 laptop with HDMI and a wireless xbox 360 controller (or whatever wireless pc controller suits your fancy, I've seen some newer controllers today that include keyboards built in, if they were back-lit I'd already own one myself). Since it doesn't take much to run FFXI (especially at the lower resolutions that PS2 uses if you prefer that), you could easily get away with a local used Craigslist laptop for around 100 bucks, but I'd recommend getting a new one since they don't cost much more than that new nowadays.

If you get a 'decent' laptop, you'll have the added benefit of being able to surf the web from your couch, stream music for free via things like pandora and spotify, watch netflix and hulu, and my personal favorite as it relates to FFXI, use windower macros for gear-swaps and read ZAM forums while waiting around town for things to happen. You'll also have the benefit of being able to use blutooth headsets for things like ventrilo / teamspeak / etc, if you don't like typing while playing (though admittedly, FFXI is the one game I've played in my life where I actually preferred typing as the primary form of communication, partially due to auto-translate playing such a big role in the game).

So yes, it would suck losing your PS2 capabilities, but if you have the cash for a new laptop, or an old one lying around, odds are you will be better off moving away from ps2 anyhow.

EDIT: Just read Zelduh's response, and I have to chime in on that as well. You didn't strike me as a troll there, but I can see how someone would think you are. For clarification as to why people would think that, you have to understand that FFXI works FAR better on a PC today than it does on a PS2 in almost every regard. Resolution, ability to purposefully oversample textures for a really sharp/crisp look (no jaggies!), very clear text, the ability to substitute call files via simple dat swaps, windower macros, etc, all while still rendering greater distances, details, and quantity of models all at a faster rate than PS2. The experience on PC is just... smooth. Years ago I thought the PC experience was lacking because when I started playing FFXI I was on a very old machine and the game didn't take advantage of graphics card processing power at all... but times have changed and today I am able to run the game at very high resolutions with instant-alt-tabs thanks to windowed-fullscreen mode so I can take advantage of my second monitor etc. If you haven't tried the game on a decent computer in recent years, you really should - it might change your mind if your perceptions are based on older hardware performance.

Edited, Feb 11th 2013 10:46am by FUJILIVES
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#56 Feb 11 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,760 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Gotta love being called a troll just for having an unpopular opinion. No, I'm not trolling.
lrn2be tolerant of other people, instead of accusing them of trolling for not being a sheeple that agrees with everyone else


People think you're trolling because it's the only explanation for most of your statements. You've clearly stated, multiple times, that PS2 version runs smoother and looks better than PC, which is just plain false. It is not subjective. Higher resolution, pixelation, lag, lockups, and quality in general are measurable and are not subject to opinion.

You're free to say that you prefer playing on a PS2. That's fine and your right as a human with free will. Just stop trying to justify it with completely false statements about superior quality and playability.
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
#58 Feb 11 2013 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Are we done here now?
____________________________
"Beyond poor, Beyond ostracized, Destined to be obscured" Black Nurse
#59 Feb 11 2013 at 7:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
There are people that believe the earth is flat after all.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#60 Feb 11 2013 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
434 posts
Zelduh wrote:
No, I legitimately believe the PS2 version runs and looks better, because that's what I've experienced. If you haven't, that's your problem, but you can't tell me my opinion is wrong. Sorry bro


We can tell you your opinion is wrong when it is completely wrong. If it's your opinion that two inches is longer than three miles, your opinion would be wrong there too.

Seriously though, the trolling has gotten pretty weak bro.
#62 Feb 12 2013 at 4:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,670 posts
Zelduh wrote:
PS2 never lagged for me, yet no matter how good of a PC I use nor what settings I use, it always lags. The game is designed for PS2, it will always run best on PS2


Except that's not what you were saying earlier on. You sound like you're back-peddling to try scrounge some way of being somewhat correct. You aren't. Lag is not aesthetic, it's not preference, it's a problem which can be quantified and which you're saying is better on PS2 than ANY PC. Then you state the game will always RUN better on PS2 which, again, is not aesthetic.
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#63 Feb 12 2013 at 5:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
For f*ck sake Vlor. Smiley: motz


Zelduh wrote:
but you can't tell me my opinion is wrong.


Yes they can. If it's your opinion that something patently false is true someone can absolutely tell you that your opinion is wrong.

Edited, Feb 12th 2013 6:46am by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#65 Feb 12 2013 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
That's not what you started off saying, sweetie.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#67 Feb 12 2013 at 12:52 PM Rating: Decent
I still play on the PS2, although on my PS3. There's a weird lag going on on my PS3, so I'm thinking of installing the last few expansion packs on my US PS2 and going back to that. It looks ugly, but selecting targets is so much nicer and less lag when I log in and change zones. I still have my JP PS2 that I occasionally play on as well.
____________________________
Signature Image
Long Live Windurst! ( ^∀^)
Maat is a big bully! マート、大っ嫌い!( ⊃д⊂ )
Windurst Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Bastok Rank 10
Zombies are delicious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH_9GzaUW40
#68 Feb 12 2013 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
**
580 posts
kappachan, Eater of Souls wrote:
I still play on the PS2, although on my PS3. There's a weird lag going on on my PS3, so I'm thinking of installing the last few expansion packs on my US PS2 and going back to that. It looks ugly, but selecting targets is so much nicer and less lag when I log in and change zones. I still have my JP PS2 that I occasionally play on as well.



You do know you can use a controller on a PC, it functions just the same.
____________________________
.
#69 Feb 12 2013 at 6:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,059 posts
"I was driving a Camry and it drove. But then I bought a BMW to drive, but it had a flat tire so it didn't drove. So I went back to the Camry to drive since it drove, because it is clearly a superior machine."

Since it was already brought up.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#70 Feb 13 2013 at 1:38 AM Rating: Good
***
1,726 posts
FFXI for PS2 is still being supported in NA (as far as we know), the issue is there are so few PS2 users, it's not worth manufacturing the Seekers of Adoulin disc or making it available for digital download (probably because they don't want flak for making it digital only since some PS2 users might like their solid discs or they feel the need to provide both physical & digital and if they can't provide one, they won't provide the other only). From what I've heard, the PS2 disc of Wings of the Goddess was pretty hard to track down and that was over 5 years ago.

Now in Japan, it's a different story. Seekers of Adoulin is coming out for PS2 and in fact, unless another expansion comes out with PS2 support, Seekers of Adoulin will be the last official release on the PS2 worldwide. The userbase for FFXI on PS2:PC in Japan isn't nearly as skewed there as it is in North America.
____________________________
=================================================
Somewhere out there, there is a road with 2 signs on it. One says "No Trespassing". The sign right next to it says "FREE KITTENS".
=================================================
#71 Feb 13 2013 at 3:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
821 posts
Zelduh wrote:
wat. I said PS2 never lagged for me. PC lagged immensely. Therefore, I consider the PS2 version more pleasing. Is that so hard to grasp?


What were the specs on the PC you tried playing on and what were the game settings at?
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

Signature Image
#72 Feb 13 2013 at 5:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,670 posts
You'll have to wait while he thinks up a lie to corroborate his version of events. My guess is that he played it on an octa-core i12 with infinite RAM and 6 top of the line GFX cards, and it still ran like a slide show.
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#73 Feb 13 2013 at 6:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,349 posts
He might have tried playing on a decent system that had one of those nVidia 400 series before they fixed the driver bug in them that did cause terrible performance.

Either that, or it was a Pentium II on Windows 98.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#74 Feb 13 2013 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
**
439 posts
orinthia wrote:
Then the NPC locks came in toward 2008-2009. About 1/5 of all npcs I talked to would cause a dialog lock, usually if they were a vender, and anywhere in the game. There'd be no dialog in the chat log upon activating them, and all control and movement would be frozen. Could only do say/ls/pt/tell chat and that was it. No way to free myself from the lock without resetting ps2.

And that's when I hung it up for good. Even after the infamous "disk full" problem, I eventually got the PS2 up and running again. Even when it would crash when I ran too close by the Bastok embassy in N.Sandy, I could deal with it. But once the game started locking up (without crashing) when I was trying to talk to the OP warp NPC, that was it.

I honestly don't know how the JPs can live with this particular bug. Or maybe this bug is somehow only in the NA version.

WFOAssassin wrote:
So when did the locks and freezes start?

The NPC lock-up problem started with a specific major update, I think it was the first Abyssea/Lv 80 cap.

As for everything else, I started in 2008 on PS2 and it was always bad about slideshow mode under the right conditions (like a bard in another party in Pso'Xja spamming buffs, yeah), and cutscenes. I eventually got the feeling that end-of-Besieged crashes were often actually due to the cutscene at the end crashing. (Cowering with fear in the NW corner about 15 mins before the time limit still helped a lot.)

As for "teh grafix ar bettur!", I'm just going to point to those six-foot flowers just south of oasis in dunes. They are not in the PS2 version, and I was even surprised when I first saw them.
#75 Feb 14 2013 at 9:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Gotta love being called a troll just for having an unpopular opinion. No, I'm not trolling.
lrn2be tolerant of other people, instead of accusing them of trolling for not being a sheeple that agrees with everyone else


No, you're being called a troll because you're saying stupid ****.

The PS2 graphics are inferior to PC in every single way. Period.

The fact that you clearly weren't capable of selecting an option in the dropdown menu that was builtin to FFXIConfig even back in '03 completely renders your statements as idiocy. I tri-box running uncapped FPS (with a 60 FPS limiter at the driver level) and except for "aura" effects (i.e. live maws, Indrik models, etc.) it plays all three beautifully with maxed out settings.

Hell, I was running supersampling back when a GeForce 300 was the thing and I was even running a crappy Matrox version of the card and it *still* ran and looked better than anything the PS2 could ever render.

Simply because you were cleary incompetent with setting up the PC version doesn't automatically make your "opinion" valid. All it shows is that you're obviously blind, lying, or clueless.

Zelduh wrote:
No, I legitimately believe the PS2 version runs and looks better, because that's what I've experienced. If you haven't, that's your problem, but you can't tell me my opinion is wrong. Sorry bro


Actually, yeah we can state it's wrong because it *is* wrong.

Edited, Feb 14th 2013 10:23pm by Viertel
#76 Feb 14 2013 at 11:15 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,195 posts
Quote:
The PS2 graphics are inferior to PC in every single way. Period.


Depends on the kind of PC, tbh

PS2s have much less variance in their quality
#77 Feb 15 2013 at 5:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,349 posts
Any PC on which the graphics were actually at par or worse than on PS2 should no longer be running.

Like that 10 year old Dell we discovered that one of our clients had stuck in a corner and used for a timeclock system (with no Internet access.) It finally died last fall. That, I think, might have had trouble running XI any higher than 800x600.

But any PC from within the last 5 years with nothing more than on board graphics could approach 720p quality (Xbox level) and any PC from the last five years with an actual graphics card could have probably maxed it out.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#78 Feb 16 2013 at 1:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
Even my own 'legacy box' is a 1.4ghz Athlon with a 6800XT AGP and WinXP and would run FFXI at 1280x1024 no-sweat.

As a matter of fact, the mobo and CPU are the very system I started playing FFXI on, but with a Ti4200 vidja.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#80 Feb 16 2013 at 8:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
You couldn't be more full of **** you know that? It's like you haven't actually played on PC and just took every gripe that has appeared on the forums for ten years, all of them aberrations, and formulated that FFXI always runs like that on PC.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#81 Feb 16 2013 at 8:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
768 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Yeah, the game might look okay and it'll run, but it'll run like absolute sh*t, lag for everything, 3 second delays for tabbing, 5 second delays to open the macro bar, everything skipping around and freezing and then going in fast-forward. It would be unplayable. 99% of the time, PC can't run FFXI nearly as smoothly as PS2 unless you absolutely trash the settings to the bare minimum, and at that point why play on PC?

Are you playing on a TI-84 and just don't realize it?

I don't know what sort of crappy computer you whipped together to run it, but I've gone through 3 different PC setups as well as a couple laptops, and have never experienced any a) process lag, b) 3 second tab delays, c) 5 second macro delays, d) skipping/freezing, e) fast forwards, f) having to run at bare minimum settings

PS2 users are the vast minority, and you spreading this misinformation to dissuade PS2 users from switching to PC is doing the community a great disservice. I just had a LS friend switch from PS2 to PC two days ago, and she's already mentioned to me how much better it runs. Can you please take your trolling to another topic? I don't care what, so long as you keep your misinformation there.
#82 Feb 16 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
**
476 posts
Clueless wrote:
Yeah, the game might look okay and it'll run, but it'll run like absolute sh*t, lag for everything, 3 second delays for tabbing, 5 second delays to open the macro bar, everything skipping around and freezing and then going in fast-forward. It would be unplayable. 99% of the time, PC can't run FFXI nearly as smoothly as PS2 unless you absolutely trash the settings to the bare minimum, and at that point why play on PC?


Now you're just talking out your ass. Back in 2003, I picked up the NA PC version to play on my P4 with a nvidia 5200FX (AGPx8 at that). Other than dropping weather effects and shadows for me only, I never had any lag or delay or freezing or random **** you just crapped out of your mouth. The ONLY time I saw any kind of lag was when we were doing bard rotations for sky or dynamis. But back then, who the **** didn't.

Coming off of JP PS2, I thought I was in heaven when I switched to PC. With the machine I built for FF14 2 years ago, FF11 runs like never before. **** is so clear, you can see pantylines on tarutarus~! despite the fact they have no knees....sooo creepy those tarus
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#83 Feb 16 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
**
609 posts
#84 Feb 16 2013 at 12:03 PM Rating: Excellent
**
580 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Yeah, the game might look okay and it'll run, but it'll run like absolute sh*t, lag for everything, 3 second delays for tabbing, 5 second delays to open the macro bar, everything skipping around and freezing and then going in fast-forward. It would be unplayable. 99% of the time, PC can't run FFXI nearly as smoothly as PS2 unless you absolutely trash the settings to the bare minimum, and at that point why play on PC?



Only times I have ever seen any of this on PC was with crappy on board video and a couple of months ago when the fan on my video card went out.
____________________________
.
#85 Feb 16 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
218 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Yeah, the game might look okay and it'll run, but it'll run like absolute sh*t, lag for everything, 3 second delays for tabbing, 5 second delays to open the macro bar, everything skipping around and freezing and then going in fast-forward. It would be unplayable. 99% of the time, PC can't run FFXI nearly as smoothly as PS2 unless you absolutely trash the settings to the bare minimum, and at that point why play on PC?


If it lags like this for everybody do you think anyone on PC would play it? I've never experienced anything like this. And by the way the comments go no one in this thread other than you has had a bad experience with PC. Just because your experience was bad doesn't mean PC is bad.
#87 Feb 16 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
821 posts
Except there is no massive lag.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

Signature Image
#88 Feb 16 2013 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,059 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Everyone is just indoctrinated to accept the massive lag for their shiny graphics.

Zelduh wrote:
No, I'm not trolling.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#89 Feb 16 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,709 posts
jlejeune wrote:
Zelduh wrote:
Everyone is just indoctrinated to accept the massive lag for their shiny graphics.

Zelduh wrote:
No, I'm not trolling.


/thread


Edited, Feb 16th 2013 3:46pm by Telaki
____________________________
Sever: Diabolos Bahamut Lakshmi
Angryempath wrote:
Well, if you like having your center of mass above your neck, play Taru. Don't blame me when the wind picks up and you flip over >_>

Rog wrote:
I hate you @#%^ing retards that don't understand that the game pre75 and the game post 75 are two completely @#%^ing different games.
#91 Feb 16 2013 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
5,684 posts
If only the PC had some way to monitor frame rates and quantify "lag"...

Edited, Feb 16th 2013 4:31pm by xypin
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#92 Feb 16 2013 at 4:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,076 posts
When I originally started playing FFXI it was on PC. I ran a P3 1 gig processor, 768MB of RAM and an Nvidia card ( don't recall the model, but it only had 256MB of RAM on it). The game ran far better on just that modest system than it ever did on my friend's PS2. To say that a PS2 would run run the game better than a modern PC with much higher specifications is asinine.
#93 Feb 16 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,670 posts
I've never seen someone write that number in regards to RAM x.x blew my Comp. Sci-student mind for a sec until I read on, lol.
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#94 Feb 16 2013 at 4:52 PM Rating: Excellent
**
580 posts
Zelduh wrote:
I'm not? PC lags, it's just not noticeable if it's what you're accustomed to.


Guess you're setting your self up to fall back on that huh. Really I tried playing on a friends back up ps2 the other day and It was horrible. The lag in port was hair pulling bad and what you said about PC was what happened with the ps2.
____________________________
.
#95 Feb 16 2013 at 5:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
Zelduh wrote:
I'm not? PC lags, it's just not noticeable if it's what you're accustomed to.


Yeah, considering you're name's "ZelDUH" I can't really find it any me to believe as single word coming from you as truth. Frankly, you're one of the most pathetic and saddest attempts at a troll I've seen.

At least their names aren't so blatantly obvious.
#96 Feb 16 2013 at 7:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Zelduh wrote:
I'm not? PC lags, it's just not noticeable if it's what you're accustomed to.


It's not noticeable if it's not there at all. We've been shown clear, concrete evidence that, not only is the PC graphically superior, but the PS2 lags just as bad, if not worse, than most PCs do. That link posted earlier showing PS2 lag in Port Jeuno is something I've never experienced that consistently. I'll have a minor spike or two, but not the consistent lag he was experiencing.

I don't like people going around and calling people trolls, but this is one of those cases where I at least understand why some people are referring to you as such. You're making comments about the PC and the PS2 that go against what everyone else has experienced, what can easily be examined with just viewing the FPS, and what can visually be seen. If you had left it as your own personal opinion, that you just prefer the look of the PS2's graphics or prefer the level of lag on the PS2, it'd have probably been dropped quickly, but you said it as an absolute, that the PS2 is just plain better looking graphics wise and lag wise, which just doesn't work because there's clearly evidence to show otherwise. You can't throw your opinion into the mix, label it as a fact (especially without showing evidence to support why you say it is) and then get shocked when people label you a troll because your opinion, which you're labeling as fact, goes against everything that others have seen.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#97 Feb 17 2013 at 2:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
PS2? PUP? Zelduh has never been one to let facts get in the way of his opinions.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#98 Feb 17 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Is Zelduh and Kimjongil76 the same person? Now that I think of it, I've never seen either one in the same thread at the same time.
____________________________
"Beyond poor, Beyond ostracized, Destined to be obscured" Black Nurse
#100 Feb 17 2013 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
Brokenwheel wrote:
Is Zelduh and Kimjongil76 the same person? Now that I think of it, I've never seen either one in the same thread at the same time.

Well their names are the same color for roughly the same reasons.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#101 Feb 17 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,349 posts
It's because "duh" - as in "no duh" - sounds rather snotty.

As Vlor said, no one would accuse you of being a troll if you did not exhibit troll-like behavior. Arguing that 10 year old hardware performs better than a modern gaming system at anything is just being silly.

You're like that dude that said that when his company finally decided to upgrade their AS400 database server, he would retire because he couldn't stand the thought of anything else. That thing came out in 1989. There are entire project implementations you can buy to port the database to modern SQL and replace the obsolete hardware while keeping the interface of the AS400, but that dude was not going to have anything to do with it.

His loss. One of these days when his server dies, I guess, he will have to retire.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 73 All times are in CDT
ferraven, hyunkyl, Seriha, Szabo, UNCTGTG, Anonymous Guests (68)