Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Announcing the Double EXP Campaign! (01/30/2013)Follow

#27 Jan 31 2013 at 1:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I know if I logged into my linkshell this evening and someone went, "Hey, I need help farming a rarab tail" or even better "Hey, I need help with the final limit break" I'd be happy to jump in. (As opposed to doing 18 Uptalas like I did yesterday. Burnout!)
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#28 Jan 31 2013 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
If you don't have the friends to do your 95 limit break, you won't be doing much at 99 anyway.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#29 Jan 31 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
Seriha wrote:
While the EXP may seem pointless to some, I hope this is more a sign of future promotional ideas like free weekends for people aren't subbed at the moment.

If they ever expect the oldies to return, this is about the only way to realistically do it. Other MMO's I once subscribed to frequently did this in a "Return to Vanadiel (or whatever world)" campaign regularly. Many times I actually re-subbed, but in actuality, this isn't something "for the ex-subscribers", it's really something to keep friends and old players visiting "for the current-subscribers".

Team Fortress 2 (before it became F2P years later) had TF2 free weekends regularly and I introduced many friends into the game via those campaigns who eventually bought the game (or played regularly once it became fully F2P).
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#30 Jan 31 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
595 posts
Wait a minute! Do our fellows get double EXP too? Because that would be made of win!
#31 Jan 31 2013 at 2:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
If it did, I don't see how it would make them level any faster. It would just take half as long to hit their cap for that summoning.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#32 Jan 31 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
334 posts
I came back to the game six weeks ago with no job higher than 75. I hit 95, farmed myself the stones (yes, plural), then made a party for the limit break by shouting in Jeuno. The shouting part literally took less than 15 minutes. You people act like they are asking you to perform brain surgery, when in fact all they are asking you to do is have a minor amount of initiative and, Heaven Forbid, do something semi-social in an MMO. Christ the whining is incessant sometimes.
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#33 Jan 31 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
595 posts
Raelix wrote:
If it did, I don't see how it would make them level any faster. It would just take half as long to hit their cap for that summoning.


The cap is on the amount of enemies you defeat, so you would get twice the amount of EXP per charge. Plus, because it's a weekend, you could potentially use 4/4 tactics pearl charges and then quest anther one, give 8 Tactics pearl charges total. With that and the up to 3 signal pearl charges you could use if you timed it right, you're looking at 22 charges worth of normal EXP. If you've got capped Fellow affinity, you could level your fellow from 75 to 95 in 2 days targeting max exp mobs.

Assuming they give fellows double exp for a weekend of course.
#34 Jan 31 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
ChaChaJaJa wrote:
I came back to the game six weeks ago with no job higher than 75. I hit 95, farmed myself the stones (yes, plural), then made a party for the limit break by shouting in Jeuno. The shouting part literally took less than 15 minutes. You people act like they are asking you to perform brain surgery, when in fact all they are asking you to do is have a minor amount of initiative and, Heaven Forbid, do something semi-social in an MMO. Christ the whining is incessant sometimes.

Well, the fight is easier now than it was at launch, so I'm not surprised some people are looking at it from the perspective of when they did it then and basically wouldn't want to do it again with whatever horror stories molding over in their mind. I know I saw strategies like requiring an Ochain PLD or pet burning it back when, but I know when my group did it, we had none of those. Heck, I had one stun on BLU keep him at bay for like 12s when he'd popped HF.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#35 Jan 31 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
334 posts
Seriha wrote:
ChaChaJaJa wrote:
I came back to the game six weeks ago with no job higher than 75. I hit 95, farmed myself the stones (yes, plural), then made a party for the limit break by shouting in Jeuno. The shouting part literally took less than 15 minutes. You people act like they are asking you to perform brain surgery, when in fact all they are asking you to do is have a minor amount of initiative and, Heaven Forbid, do something semi-social in an MMO. Christ the whining is incessant sometimes.

Well, the fight is easier now than it was at launch, so I'm not surprised some people are looking at it from the perspective of when they did it then and basically wouldn't want to do it again with whatever horror stories molding over in their mind. I know I saw strategies like requiring an Ochain PLD or pet burning it back when, but I know when my group did it, we had none of those. Heck, I had one stun on BLU keep him at bay for like 12s when he'd popped HF.


Valid point, and honestly one that I hadn't considered. To me, the hardest part was getting the stones to drop. Also, for better or for worse, I tend to be a little less tolerant. There will always be that part of the population that whines about everything and I have no patience for it. For example- I hear people begging for help farming seals or +2 items for their gear, and whining that no one will help them. Then, when you offer to help and ask what NM we are going to go kill, they don't even know what drops it. ****, I invested literally only 2 weeks into BST 75 --> 99 and passable gear and I solo'd or lowmanned 4/5 +2's for my WAR. That took an additional 2 weeks. The majority of the content really isn't that hard unless you are lazy or stupid.


Edited, Jan 31st 2013 4:29pm by ChaChaJaJa
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#36 Jan 31 2013 at 4:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
4 posts
This is neat, but I would have preferred a double skill up rate campaign. All that leveling will most likely be done in sync parties, thus warranting more and more skilling. Maybe they're testing the waters for future promotions, though.
#37 Jan 31 2013 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
DomfranciscoOfIfrit wrote:
Raelix wrote:
If it did, I don't see how it would make them level any faster. It would just take half as long to hit their cap for that summoning.


The cap is on the amount of enemies you defeat

Yeah, I recalled this about ten minutes ago while driving down the road.

Now if only I could keep the stupid ***** from provoking at the start of every fight... which by the way entails her surviving to level up to that point before anyone tries to tell me I can.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#39 Jan 31 2013 at 7:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
Zelduh wrote:
Raelix wrote:
DomfranciscoOfIfrit wrote:
Raelix wrote:
If it did, I don't see how it would make them level any faster. It would just take half as long to hit their cap for that summoning.


The cap is on the amount of enemies you defeat

Yeah, I recalled this about ten minutes ago while driving down the road.

Now if only I could keep the stupid ***** from provoking at the start of every fight... which by the way entails her surviving to level up to that point before anyone tries to tell me I can.


Ever tried changing her job to healer?

Called it.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#40 Jan 31 2013 at 7:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
297 posts
RaelixNow if only I could keep the stupid ***** from provoking at the start of every fight... which by the way entails her surviving to level up to that point before anyone tries to tell me I can.[/quote wrote:


Ever tried changing her job to healer?

Called it.[/quote]

After the first time my npc voked when I summoned her, I changed it to fighter. So what are you talking about Raelix? The upgrade to npc?
#41 Jan 31 2013 at 7:25 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
356 posts
Im sorry but limit break 10 was very easy, you must not have a linkshell and Id suggest you find one, theres plenty of people who will help. Just finished it a couple nights ago myself with a few buddies. This game is really lame if you dont socialize imo.

"If you don't have the friends to do your 95 limit break, you won't be doing much at 99 anyway." Quoted for truth.

Edited, Jan 31st 2013 8:26pm by aadrenry
#42 Jan 31 2013 at 7:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
I never summoned her more than 4 or 5 times, this being after the huge buff to how long they'd stay for prompting me to take one up, but she managed to get herself killed inside of 30 minutes or so every time, and having thrown away my signal pearl our Fellow Bond would be reset to zero. it has to be 5+ to pick their fighting style, which is roughly by summoning+chatting. I didn't mean job level, but whatever esoteric progression was necessary that I couldn't remember off-hand two hours ago.

tl;dr I didn't put up with that sh*t long enough to be able to, nor cared.

Edited, Jan 31st 2013 5:29pm by Raelix
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#43 Jan 31 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Raelix wrote:
I never summoned her more than 4 or 5 times, this being after the huge buff to how long they'd stay for prompting me to take one up, but she managed to get herself killed inside of 30 minutes or so every time, and having thrown away my signal pearl our Fellow Bond would be reset to zero. it has to be 5+ to pick their fighting style, which is roughly by summoning+chatting. I didn't mean job level, but whatever esoteric progression was necessary that I couldn't remember off-hand two hours ago.

tl;dr I didn't put up with that sh*t long enough to be able to, nor cared.

Edited, Jan 31st 2013 5:29pm by Raelix



Pro tip(Even though you don't care) it only takes them surviving one call with killing enough enemies for them to leave for them to let you change their style. Go out on your dark switch your sub to blm. Go to a low level area(If style viable go to one of the starting beastmen strongholds*) Train about 30 mobs. Spam level 1 -gas until they all fall over dead. This process should take about 10 minutes. You don't even have to attack(So she won't). And then you can move on with your life with your fellow.(If the desire hits you) Incidentally this is how I use to level up my clothes before you could do that through friend points.

*By Viable I mean if Square adding high level mobs to low level areas hasn't screwed up the area you decide to go to yet.

Your Fellow Doesn't even have to get EXP for it to go up in bond. Just talk to it once after you summon it and kill until they leave. Boom Style change unlocked.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#44 Jan 31 2013 at 11:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Fight level 25 mobs. Your fellow will earn exp even if you don't. Then you can kill em super fast, and she won't get one-shotted with her vokes.

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 12:47am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#45 Feb 01 2013 at 8:13 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
635 posts
Quote:
To celebrate the upcoming release of FINAL FANTASY XI's 5th expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin," we're pleased to announce that we'll be holding our very first "Double EXP Campaign!"

Hmmm, curious to know if the effect is additive or multiplicative with Dedication, and if Corsair's Roll XP-boost will stack. We could be looking at some interestingly large numbers.
#46 Feb 01 2013 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Quote:
Hmmm, curious to know if the effect is additive or multiplicative with Dedication


Multiplicative, if past/existing combined EXP bonuses (such as from an EXP chain + dedication together) are anything to go by

Quote:
and if Corsair's Roll XP-boost will stack


If Corsair's Roll already allowed you to surpass the existing per-mob EXP caps (which I honestly wouldn't know if it did, but assuming that it does) I don't see why not
#47 Feb 01 2013 at 3:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
125 posts
Exp bonus is nice and honestly SE, ty!

But maybe a week or so of double drop rates on....everything would have been far more fun and a nice morale boost ^^

I love ff11 but the drop rates in this game are still ancient in design and make me want to ...hurl at times.
:o~ <--here it comes
____________________________
http://i.imgur.com/FokEtHo.png
#48 Feb 01 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
265 posts
Allestra wrote:
Exp bonus is nice and honestly SE, ty!

But maybe a week or so of double drop rates on....everything would have been far more fun and a nice morale boost ^^

I love ff11 but the drop rates in this game are still ancient in design and make me want to ...hurl at times.
:o~ <--here it comes


Double drop rates? Yay 1.2% chance :D
____________________________
Crasy of Alexander, Member of SplatRangers

Monk. Need I say more?
[ffxivsig]1529088[/ffxivsig]
#49 Feb 01 2013 at 9:53 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,720 posts
DomfranciscoOfIfrit wrote:
What they really need to do is have a triple skill up rate weekend.
Glitched to affect fishing skill ups I hope.
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#50 Feb 02 2013 at 4:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
crasyk wrote:
Double drop rates? Yay 0.2% chance :D

Fixed~ ;)
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#51 Feb 06 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Darqflame's Peon
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,019 posts
Camate wrote:

Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment and give a couple more details regarding the Double EXP Campaign that we will be holding this upcoming weekend.

While the double EXP will not affect any experience points gained in Abyssea, you will be able to double your gains in Dynamis, Promyvion areas, and everywhere else.

Also, in case you were wondering, the double EXP will only apply towards your character and not adventuring fellows. However, based off what we see from this campaign, we would like to look into other elements, including having the EXP applied to fellows. Another type of campaign is in the works as well!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30415-Double-EXP-Campaign?p=400163#post400163
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 105 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (105)