Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

The Mog Bonanza Homecoming Comes Rolling into Vana'diel! Follow

#1 Jan 25 2013 at 3:43 AM Rating: Good
Darqflame's Peon
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,025 posts
Screenshot

PlayOnline wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen!

The event that adventurers' dreams are made of—the Mog Bonanza—has made its glorious return!

Without a doubt, linkshells throughout Vana'diel will buzz as adventuring comrades discuss the extravagant prizes they've set their sights upon, the numbers they'll employ to usher in their fortunes, and how they'll flaunt their winnings.

Learn how your dreams might be made reality via the Mog Bonanza!

*Bonanza marbles will be available for purchase from Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at 12:00 a.m.
*Please remember that all prizes won in the Mog Bonanza are valueless virtual items for use in the game FINAL FANTASY XI only. Prizes cannot be transferred to another player in exchange for real-world money without violating the PlayOnline Member Agreement and risking termination of the accounts of all parties involved
.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
#2 Jan 25 2013 at 4:24 AM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Rank 1 = mythic
Rank 2 = cat's eye mythic
Rank 3 = Ker's cuirass, unless I can figure out the amount of gil rank 3 would be worth, if that's a decent enough amount I could be convinced to take that instead
Rank 4 = Ark (something besides the scythe)
Rank 5 = AA statue that I don't have
Rank 6 = tough choice but I think I'd go with the mog missile
#3 Jan 25 2013 at 4:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
126 posts
rank 4:wyrm bears for all!
____________________________
jtftaru wrote:
Brady weren't wrong, they were just too far ahead of their time for people to fully appreciate them.

#4 Jan 25 2013 at 5:48 AM Rating: Excellent
**
478 posts
What's a wyrm bear? Is that anything like a jelly baby?
#5 Jan 25 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
595 posts
The rules say a character must be created 32 days prior to purchasing marbles. That means you can create mules today and be able to purchase marbles before the sales period ends.
#6 Jan 25 2013 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
According to this go round's bonanza, I already have two Rank I worthy prizes in my possession - Ghallarjorn and Sagasinger.

Sad thing is, Sagasinger is just a toy. I mean, it's fun to play with, but I wouldn't waste a Rank I coupon on it.

Soooo:
1. Mythic
2. Gil (I still need my 99 Ghorn)
3. Sigyn's Cuirie. Probably.
4. Behemoth Tongue.
5. Another statue to send to a mule
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#7 Jan 25 2013 at 12:20 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Is it just me or does the selection of rewards seem crappier this year? Pulse cells? Come on, that's blerg. Also where does some of this stuff actually come from? Like the Mass Chalemie?

1. Mythic or Dharp
2. Probably gil
3. probably gil, maybe Ker's Cuirass cause it looks nifty
4. meh. Maybe the Mass Chalemie, not because it is particularly special but cause I don't have it and I am a brd.
5. one of the battlefield items.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#8 Jan 25 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,281 posts
catwho wrote:
According to this go round's bonanza, I already have two Rank I worthy prizes in my possession - Ghallarjorn and Sagasinger.

Sad thing is, Sagasinger is just a toy. I mean, it's fun to play with, but I wouldn't waste a Rank I coupon on it.

Soooo:
1. Mythic
2. Gil (I still need my 99 Ghorn)
Assuming it's your main character, the only choices for Rank 1 and Rank 2 are mythic and Cats Eye, respectively. Let's see, 450m-600m worth of alexandrite (granted you can't sell or transfer it) or 4.6m gil...
____________________________
Philemon on Valefor
Gjallarhorn 4/17/08
Daurdabla 5/9/11
Carnwenhan 5/4/12
Ryunohige 10/29/12
#9 Jan 25 2013 at 1:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,778 posts
Elwynbelwyn wrote:
What's a wyrm bear? Is that anything like a jelly baby?


Is that a typo for warm beer? {Run Away!}
____________________________
Torzak of Carbuncle/Crushridge (I play both toons very casually now)
Elvaan Male/Tauren Male
99RDM/99MNK/99THF/90Druid
#10 Jan 25 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,526 posts
detlef wrote:
Assuming it's your main character, the only choices for Rank 1 and Rank 2 are mythic and Cats Eye, respectively. Let's see, 450m-600m worth of alexandrite (granted you can't sell or transfer it) or 4.6m gil...


Is it just 4.6 mil? Really?

Either way, can anyone imagine someone being fool enough to use a rank 2 prize to get empy AF3+2?

I can't even...

I don't see how that is worthy of a rank 2 prize.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#11 Jan 25 2013 at 3:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:

Either way, can anyone imagine someone being fool enough to use a rank 2 prize to get empy AF3+2?


Without a doubt. In fact, I expect them to post on this forum that they did so and for 80% of the posters to reply "derp" and 20% to reply "It's their gil they can do what they want."
____________________________
Carbuncle


#13 Jan 25 2013 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Either way, can anyone imagine someone being fool enough to use a rank 2 prize to get empy AF3+2?

About as bad as somebody blowing that Tier 1 Nomad Bonanza win on a pre-Heavy Metal stage Empy weapon.

Didn't that actually happen? Or did it end up being an Aymur or something? I forget...
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#14 Jan 25 2013 at 7:13 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,281 posts
Raelix wrote:
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
Either way, can anyone imagine someone being fool enough to use a rank 2 prize to get empy AF3+2?

About as bad as somebody blowing that Tier 1 Nomad Bonanza win on a pre-Heavy Metal stage Empy weapon.

Didn't that actually happen? Or did it end up being an Aymur or something? I forget...
It was allegedly a yoichi.
____________________________
Philemon on Valefor
Gjallarhorn 4/17/08
Daurdabla 5/9/11
Carnwenhan 5/4/12
Ryunohige 10/29/12
#16 Jan 25 2013 at 7:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
Ah right. The 'I already have a relic but don't want to level another DD' relic.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#17 Jan 25 2013 at 8:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,638 posts
Seriously like every update announcement has been of the form "The [newish content] comes [verb]ing in!" It's like they literally don't have any idea how else to announce something, and just keep editing the old line of text with slightly new words.

It's just bothering me, that's all.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#19 Jan 25 2013 at 11:00 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,102 posts
... yeah, alot of the prizes are pretty gimp.
Why empy armor? It should be NNI floor 100 or neo salvage armor.. or legion or meebles boss drops... or the HQ abjurations like Khepri or Huginn.
Empy armor is just silly.

HUGE lol at level 90 Empy weapons too...
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?
____________________________
Server: Bahamut
90BST|90BLU
LS: MONSTERSINC

Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
--Beastmaster Forever--
#20 Jan 26 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,810 posts
Xilk wrote:
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?


Let's break this down, do you go out of your way to help EVERYONE that asks for help with 85 - 90 progression on some of the Empys? I.e The Khim paths, especially post Abyssea craze? Especially for people who can't brew it constantly or just started the game and working their way through all of this?

You'll be lying if you say yes. That's who pick the weapons in prizes because not everyone was or is lucky enough to get the supposed "free weapon".
____________________________

#21 Jan 27 2013 at 8:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
972 posts
Raelix wrote:
About as bad as somebody blowing that Tier 1 Nomad Bonanza win on a pre-Heavy Metal stage Empy weapon.

Didn't that actually happen? Or did it end up being an Aymur or something? I forget...

JP winner picked an Aymur, NA winner picked a Yoichi
____________________________
~~ Puppetmaster // Scholar // Thief // Dancer // Blue Mage // Corsair // Geomancer // Ninja // Ranger // Summoner ~~
#22 Jan 28 2013 at 6:50 AM Rating: Default
Sage
***
2,102 posts
Theonehio wrote:
Xilk wrote:
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?


Let's break this down, do you go out of your way to help EVERYONE that asks for help with 85 - 90 progression on some of the Empys? I.e The Khim paths, especially post Abyssea craze? Especially for people who can't brew it constantly or just started the game and working their way through all of this?

You'll be lying if you say yes. That's who pick the weapons in prizes because not everyone was or is lucky enough to get the supposed "free weapon".


Such a lovely condescending attitude w/ no substance...

Everyone can brew constantly. You cash solo farm enough cruor to brew any nm.

There is a time investment to a level 90 empy weapon, however the investment to collect all the ancient currency, or alexandrite for a mythic or relic weapon dwarves the time to make a level 90 empty.

The empycost is balanced (sort of) in the next 2 trials. The bonanza rewards imply that these are equal level rewards when they are obviously not.

I have spelled it out in crayola now, what was obvious before and matched the response attitude to boot!
____________________________
Server: Bahamut
90BST|90BLU
LS: MONSTERSINC

Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
--Beastmaster Forever--
#23 Jan 28 2013 at 7:06 AM Rating: Excellent
**
640 posts
Don't get me started on how ridiculous the requirements are in the first place to get a mythic. Even though the worst part is 30k alexandrite, there's a whole lot more to the picture.
#24 Jan 28 2013 at 8:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,590 posts
Xilk wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Xilk wrote:
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?


Let's break this down, do you go out of your way to help EVERYONE that asks for help with 85 - 90 progression on some of the Empys? I.e The Khim paths, especially post Abyssea craze? Especially for people who can't brew it constantly or just started the game and working their way through all of this?

You'll be lying if you say yes. That's who pick the weapons in prizes because not everyone was or is lucky enough to get the supposed "free weapon".


Such a lovely condescending attitude w/ no substance...

Everyone can brew constantly. You cash solo farm enough cruor to brew any nm.

Actually, no, they can't, as he already mentioned, players (like me) who haven't done the Abby grind to gear up can't solo farm 200k per brew, and don't see ever being able to do so. Abby to new players is largely closed, people these days don't have the patience while newcomers learn the arcane and highly convoluted mechanics Abby requires one to know off by heart.

His tone was valid.


Edited, Jan 28th 2013 9:51am by Kragorn
#25 Jan 28 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Theonehio wrote:
Xilk wrote:
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?


Let's break this down, do you go out of your way to help EVERYONE that asks for help with 85 - 90 progression on some of the Empys? I.e The Khim paths, especially post Abyssea craze? Especially for people who can't brew it constantly or just started the game and working their way through all of this?

You'll be lying if you say yes. That's who pick the weapons in prizes because not everyone was or is lucky enough to get the supposed "free weapon".


Xilk is correct to an extent though, at least in regards to choosing a Mythic vs. an Empyrean. Once you've obtained the level 75 version of a Mythic weapon, you're pretty much past the biggest hurdle of getting it to level 99. The 30,000 alexandrite, the 100,000 ampoules needed for the Balrahn's Eyepatch, the 150,000 Nyzul tokens, the three ToAU beastmen kings, the four Salvage bosses, and a full clear of all Assaults lie there before you can even obtain the weapon. That's an extraordinarily large amount of time and gil to devote to one weapon, but once you have said weapon, the trials to obtain the level 99 version are arguably the easiest of the three "ultimate weapon" types.

On the other hand, look at Empyrean weapons. While it's dependent a bit on the jobs available to you and the one you're doing, making the level 80 version could take you a couple days to make if you wanted to, and the 85 version another day or so after. Granted, the 90 version can be a bit more arduous depending on the path, but even that can be taken care of in a couple days if you handle it casually. The lv. 80-90 NMs you need to kill for the items to upgrade drop +2 Empyrean armor items, and the lv. 85 and lv. 90 version mobs have NMs involved that drop +1 Empyrean seals, so there's plenty of incentive for others if you wanted to do shouts.

If you don't have the help to make an Empyrean weapon, then you're going to have an even harder time making a Mythic weapon, since there is far more time involved there with events that absolutely cannot be soloed, and then there's the incredibly high price tag due to the Alexandrite (420 million given conservative estimates on my server). Once they obtain that Mythic weapon though, the majority of their troubles are over. Yes, the ZNM tier IVs can take a bit to farm the pop sets for, and it will take you a few days to do the Salvage bosses, but the only difficult part left would be the Mulcibar's Scoria from Pandemonium Warden for the level 99 version. With the Empyrean weapons, getting to lv. 90 is the easy part. It'll take you either an extremely long amount of time farming up the plates yourself, or 150 million gil for plates alone. Then you have to include the Riftdross or Riftcinder for the 99 version, which is another 27-60 million (again, my server's numbers), and you can see that the big hurdle for a 99 Empyrean would still lie ahead for those that pick an Empyrean weapon from the Mog Bonanza.

Granted, Abyssea nowadays is starting to die down a bit, but I still see plenty of individuals in there all the time farming up seals and +2 items, and I'm certain that they'd be willing to help if someone was there doing the same mobs for Empyrean items. Cruor farming is a thing of the past, so brewing is a bit limited, but I personally don't believe that finding help for making them is.

Edited, Jan 28th 2013 10:14am by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#26 Jan 28 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Kragorn wrote:
Xilk wrote:
Theonehio wrote:
Xilk wrote:
How is a free weapon equal to a 450 mil weapon?


Let's break this down, do you go out of your way to help EVERYONE that asks for help with 85 - 90 progression on some of the Empys? I.e The Khim paths, especially post Abyssea craze? Especially for people who can't brew it constantly or just started the game and working their way through all of this?

You'll be lying if you say yes. That's who pick the weapons in prizes because not everyone was or is lucky enough to get the supposed "free weapon".


Such a lovely condescending attitude w/ no substance...

Everyone can brew constantly. You cash solo farm enough cruor to brew any nm.

Actually, no, they can't, as he already mentioned, players (like me) who haven't done the Abby grind to gear up can't solo farm 200k per brew, and don't see ever being able to do so. Abby to new players is largely closed, people these days don't have the patience while newcomers learn the arcane and highly convoluted mechanics Abby requires one to know off by heart.

His tone was valid.


Edited, Jan 28th 2013 9:51am by Kragorn


I still see shouts for abby exp parties, seal farming parties and wiki has it all out lined and easy to understand.
____________________________
.
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (79)