Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Claustrum QuestionFollow

#1 Oct 30 2012 at 5:15 PM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
So I am making another relic.

I am concidering Claustrum, the SMN/BLM staff. In all hopes one day sch can use it. But Like rag and resolution added later. The staff gets the powerful weapon skill shattersoul. The staff also gets a 3.0 double dng rate. Would that make shattersoul even stronger than resolution? For smn it does get +14 refresh after the weapon skill. hence a free avatar I think.

I did seek out Jennna who is a owner of one on my server, but she never unlocked that weapon skill so couldn't give me any answers needed. So I ask here.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Presidentobama




Edited, Oct 30th 2012 7:15pm by kimjongil76
#2 Oct 30 2012 at 5:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,250 posts
As if we didn't have enough trouble taking you seriously...
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#3 Oct 30 2012 at 5:48 PM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
Raelix wrote:
As if we didn't have enough trouble taking you seriously...


If you can't say something constructive, or nice. You shouldn't say much at all. A person shows their insecurity when they have a bg mouth and have to bash others down to feel good.

Good luck, I hope karma doesn't do to you as you speak and act.
#4 Oct 30 2012 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,769 posts
The double damage only applies to melee swings, not the ws's. And the it's only 8 mp/tick for 20 seconds, so only 48 mp back.

If you HAVE to get a melee staff, the empyrian's probably better. Much cheaper, much stronger, and you can use it's ws to get back 20% of your mp at a time if you need to.
____________________________
Quote:
Maybe if we wait long enough, he'll tell us about how he walked barefoot uphill through snow both ways in Uleregand and defeated the evil Snoll Tzar with nothing but a stack of pebbles. Men were men back then. Mithra were men, too, but they don't talk about that.

Mellowy is awesome, now.
Quote:
I'm sorry. My hoovercraft is full of Summoners. As soon as I claim a thread, they just flood out and cover the whole place. Slippery suckers, those Summoners.
#5 Oct 30 2012 at 8:39 PM Rating: Excellent
A big problem that we have as far as taking you seriously kimjongil76 is that you have an Apocalypse and Ragnarok, but you're unaware of the fact that the hidden effect of the 2x+ damage associated with relic weapons doesn't affect weaponskills. It has been known for years now that the hidden effect on Relics only affect attacks during the TP phase, and weaponskills are completely unaffected by it. One shouldn't make a weapon if they don't understand the effects of it.

Not to mention, looking at your gear, there are a number of issues with what you're using. You should not be using Hecate's Earring on Dark Knight, since Magic Attack Bonus doesn't affect your Dark magic, and you shouldn't be spending the time trying to cast elemental nukes. Likewise, Uther's Grip is not a good grip to be using on any job other than Ranger, since a Pole Grip is going to do far more for you in terms of weaponskill frequency and damage (and Duplus Grip is even better than that). What gear set is this supposed to represent, because it's lacking a lot as far as weaponskill as well as lacking a lot as far as TP.

I hope you take no offense to this, but I think you should prioritize working on bettering the job you already have two relics for before considering to make a third. I'm not talking about nitpicky, inconsequential changes that are side-grades at best. I can see a number of gear changes you could make that'd significantly improve your TP and WS capabilities.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#6 Oct 30 2012 at 9:31 PM Rating: Excellent
**
575 posts
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to troll the community into a coma if you complete a claustrum, bonus points if you post screenshots and/or a guide to melee SMN DD with it.

Hit some open mouthed hpemde and claim you have proven that the double damage procs on weaponskills. Godspeed.
#7 Oct 30 2012 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,180 posts
You are absolutely bewildering, guy.
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#8 Oct 30 2012 at 10:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,636 posts
I look forward to the day when kim is revealed to be someone thought long gone. Like Rog. There's no way he's able to pull this **** off so consistently without trying.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#10 Oct 31 2012 at 12:24 AM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
A big problem that we have as far as taking you seriously kimjongil76 is that you have an Apocalypse and Ragnarok, but you're unaware of the fact that the hidden effect of the 2x+ damage associated with relic weapons doesn't affect weaponskills. It has been known for years now that the hidden effect on Relics only affect attacks during the TP phase, and weaponskills are completely unaffected by it. One shouldn't make a weapon if they don't understand the effects of it.

Actually I know some weapons are 2.0 and some 2.5. Hence apoc 2.0 rag 2.5. The reason I am considering the blm staff was for the high base dmg.

Not to mention, looking at your gear, there are a number of issues with what you're using. You should not be using Hecate's Earring on Dark Knight, since Magic Attack Bonus doesn't affect your Dark magic, and you shouldn't be spending the time trying to cast elemental nukes. Likewise, Uther's Grip is not a good grip to be using on any job other than Ranger, since a Pole Grip is going to do far more for you in terms of weaponskill frequency and damage (and Duplus Grip is even better than that). What gear set is this supposed to represent, because it's lacking a lot as far as weaponskill as well as lacking a lot as far as TP.

As for the gear, I have much better melee and weapon skill sets. My purpose when loading the itemin was to get the rag into the database. Thus it would also increase my score. I am sorry you and others looked at the gear much when you can only have one set shown at a time. If they had a database I woul of shown all I have, for various reasons. WS TP and such.

I hope you take no offense to this, but I think you should prioritize working on bettering the job you already have two relics for before considering to make a third. I'm not talking about nitpicky, inconsequential changes that are side-grades at best. I can see a number of gear changes you could make that'd significantly improve your TP and WS capabilities.


Drk is ok, but there are 100 drks for every 2-5 sch's and 5-10 blus. When asked to do a VW Neo Nysle, 95% of the time they want my blu or sch. My scholar itself is pretty much maxed all gear in game excluding meebles pants/ body and ARCH ultima hands. My blu has a gear set for EVERY stat. Again you can't show it all.

I make relics out of boredom. crafting, crour "what is not outdated" and swapping high end items from one server to another. Even our 50,000,000 Balistisca guy most likely will fork over 45m to me in a few days as his wanted list is a -1 item that's 30m on my server, and I will bring it to his server for 45m. Do a few trades like this every month and you make great gil. You also get exposure to currency that's low on one server vs high on another.

If they had a blu or sch relic I would make. Already made emps.

You forget I do much of my playing by myself, not that I am not in big and friendly LS's server wide. But living in japan time zone, more often then not I work when most USA do their events, but help out my friends with things when I am free and we both online.


Someone else suggested I should make guides. I am the one who made a guide to sch skill chain, Sch banish, and to some extent even kaustra build and staves. In the process of past 3-6 months. Only to be harped by you and others who say its not practical or its useless information.

Even you laughed when I made crour relics in a few weeks. But what you fail to realize is after what you said, I brought mules in and I 10x instead of 3x the amount I got. And now all that gil is enough to probably make every relic in the game or by and transfer mst high end items people will pay big money for on other servers.

But to each its own. Drk was my first love so it gets the relic weapons.

And yea, when I ask questions, I am always polite. But I can't say others are upon responding. That's ok though. You told me I am egotistical, what maybe I am on the forum because that's when I may say what I have as others try knocking me down. You never see a congratulations. Even on drk ding thread. You just see "put downs"

Te site itself has less members at least for ffxi active then other websites like ffxiah.com or bgwiki. Perhaps because this website bashes people so they just go away when they get treated badly or when they ask sensible questions are mostly knocked down for even asking.

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 2:28am by kimjongil76
#11 Oct 31 2012 at 1:40 AM Rating: Excellent
For starters, you can show that gear. FFXIAH records all gear equipped by you, so you can easily show what all gear you have available to you on any one character.

To sort of just put into perspective why I have spoken towards a number of your posts, I'll just break them down for you.

1) Your posts in regards to your damage. For starters you have often started those posts out in a very condescending manner, saying how great your damage is in comparison to what others are capable of. For example, in one of your recent topics regarding Kaustra, you commented about how Meteor Black Mages will bow to your feet over how incredible your damage is compared to them. It's not that you simply just posted your information in a factual way, you boasted about how high your damage was, and naturally that's going to create a hostile situation. BG and AH are no different in that regard, so it's not exactly something special to this site.

You also commented about taking Blue Mage to Legion and pulling off tremendous numbers. As someone that routinely does Legion, the numbers you gave, given the inherent limitations that Blue Magic has in there, I found them to be incredibly inflated and nowhere near possible.

There are other examples in regards to numbers you gave, but that just gives you a general idea of what my points on that matter entailed. You would tell about situations, give numbers that were far beyond what should be capable given the circumstances, then when I'd ask for what gear you used or proof of these, you very begrudgingly posted two screenshots showing things that many others could also do, and never showed what gear you used in other situations.

2) Making guides for skillchains. I commented on you not needing to make a skillchain guide for Scholar because there really isn't anything specific one needs to know. If they have an existing skillchain chart, then they already have the information for Scholars skillchaining with the appropriate grimoire. I pointed out this in that topic. As long as you know what element your spells are, then it becomes very easy to skillchain as a Scholar using Immanence.

As for Blue Mage skillchaining, I only recall negatively commenting on you using Corbenic Sword for Knights of Round. In that regard, I said that the Corbenic Sword was an inferior sword to other weapons, and that the skillchain you were creating from it wouldn't make up for the overall loss of damage from using a "low" damage mainhand weapon. Likewise, while Heavy Strike is decent, at the same time it's not that powerful of a spell overall. The damage can be good, but it suffers from a significant accuracy penalty that requires you to either go /Thf for Sneak Attack, or stack extra accuracy in your gear set in order to land it reliably on anything higher than an Even Match mob.

3) I didn't laugh at your cruor party comments. My two comments were that the information you gave wasn't new, as you claimed it to be. You were making comments along the lines of it being something that few had done before and you were giving us a guide as to how to do one, when in reality, by the time you had posted it, the ins and outs of cruor parties, how to chain kills properly, and good places to do them, were pretty much already well known and had been talked about (even on here several times). My second comment was in response to an erroneous statement you made bragging about how much gil you were making from cruor burns. You had said you had finished your Ragnarok, and then were already nearly completed with two more relics (that you had turned in most of the stuff already). A lot of people, myself included, caught on the impossibility of that, since you can't work on more than one at a time and that not anywhere near enough time had elapsed from when you completed your Ragnarok to claiming you were nearly done with two more.

4) My criticism towards you meleeing on Scholar. I will readily admit that Shattersoul is a decent weaponskill, and as something to mess around with soloing or for very simple things, I've got absolutely no problem with a mage equipping a staff, running up, and beating on the monster. However, in situations that you mentioned in the past as to when you used Shattersoul (the mobs you mentioned, etc), I have issue with, because in those situations, a Scholar (especially if they're the lone mage) should be casting enough on their party and the mob that they can't get enough TP to weaponskill (because a solid mage should have multiple staves/clubs, etc to equip for spells). Likewise, on any mob of real value, the mage should be safely standing far back from the mob to avoid AoE attacks, and certainly shouldn't be meleeing in there.

Lastly, and most importantly, I had an issue with the Atmas you mentioned you used. You mentioned that, for the sake of the Regain, you used Atma of the Sea Daughter. I criticized this choice because that is a significant amount of Slow you are inflicting upon yourself for the sake of accumulating TP on a weapon that should be swapping off of on a regular basis. It's just very impractical to intentionally "gimp" yourself by equipping that Atma. Melee won't use it for the Regain because of the Slow, and neither should a Mage for the same reason.

Efficiency is the name of the game on how to best play a job, and given the sacrifices that a mage would have to make in order to melee any decently strong opponent, in my opinion, and the opinion of the general player base, meleeing should be left to melee jobs. Scholars should be backline healing/support/enfeebling/nuking, alongside White Mages and Black Mages.

BlueGartr and FFXIAH are far more condescending to players than this site is. BlueGartr will even go as far as banning people for being "stupid", and FFXIAH's picture section shows just how that particular user base responds to the gear of players and screenshots of "good damage". I'd argue that out this site, BG, and AH, we're the most accepting of those "off the wall" sorts of topics since we're more lax all in all.

You just need to remember that it's a generally accepted standpoint for the entire player base, supported by countless tests and just running gear and scenarios through spreadsheets painstakingly put together that it's just overall very inefficient for a Scholar to melee in place of some of the other abilities it has. It's very likely the whole reason Immanence was given was pretty much to allow a Scholar to stand back and open a skillchain for melee in the front lines so they can close it. Do they have some tools available to them to melee? Sure, but them meleeing instead of curing or nuking is like expecting a Dark Knight to stand back and just nuke constantly. They've got MP and some nukes (thus have some tools available to them), but they don't because it's just inefficient in comparison to what they're better suited for, which is the same with Scholar. There are other things they are better suited to do besides melee, so myself and the general player base will see it as inefficient.

I don't mean to insult you as an individual, since that is not my intention, but you've been suggesting playstyles that are far from the norm for Scholar and your other jobs, so you must understand that you're opening yourself up to criticism, which might or might not be constructive. You need to understand that criticism is natural for the game, and that you're putting yourself out in the open by posting ideas you have or things you try. If it hasn't already been tested, other people will test it if it seems valid. Regardless though, if they find fault in what is being said, then they will point it out. I am of no exception, as Raelix can point out as far as correcting me on a Great Sword discussion awhile back. That is just how this site, BG, AH, etc often are.

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 4:24am by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#12 Oct 31 2012 at 2:23 AM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
Professor Shock Vlorsutes wrote:
For starters, you can show that gear. FFXIAH records all gear equipped by you, so you can easily show what all gear you have available to you on any one character.

To sort of just put into perspective why I have spoken towards a number of your posts, I'll just break them down for you.

1) Your posts in regards to your damage. For starters you have often started those posts out in a very condescending manner, saying how great your damage is in comparison to what others are capable of. For example, in one of your recent topics regarding Kaustra, you commented about how Meteor Black Mages will bow to your feet over how incredible your damage is compared to them. It's not that you simply just posted your information in a factual way, you boasted about how high your damage was, and naturally that's going to create a hostile situation. BG and AH are no different in that regard, so it's not exactly something special to this site.

Your right, but hey that was the deal between me and the BLM. Some people bet gil or gear In this case it was with a blm long time friend and myself. Was more humorous than anything
You also commented about taking Blue Mage to Legion and pulling off tremendous numbers. As someone that routinely does Legion, the numbers you gave, given the inherent limitations that Blue Magic has in there, I found them to be incredibly inflated and nowhere near possible.

Yes, and I still do this same Skill chain combo often. But no I don't feel like typing it out for everyone. If they want to to try it out for themselves after it being thrown out their then fine. But just like this topic, when I can ask a simple question and be derated, why would I bother going out of my way to list gear for someone. No thanks.

There are other examples in regards to numbers you gave, but that just gives you a general idea of what my points on that matter entailed. You would tell about situations, give numbers that were far beyond what should be capable given the circumstances, then when I'd ask for what gear you used or proof of these, you very begrudgingly posted two screenshots showing things that many others could also do, and never showed what gear you used in other situations.

2) Making guides for skillchains. I commented on you not needing to make a skillchain guide for Scholar because there really isn't anything specific one needs to know. If they have an existing skillchain chart, then they already have the information for Scholars skillchaining with the appropriate grimoire. I pointed out this in that topic. As long as you know what element your spells are, then it becomes very easy to skillchain as a Scholar using Immanence.

You actually were helpful on a skill chain guide here somewhat. As I play across many servers, many people see my playstyle on sch and see that it is fun. They even level it and play my style. JP and English. Sure they still cure and nuke as well. But they like knowing they can Dmg deal as well and not just be an embrava *****.

As for Blue Mage skillchaining, I only recall negatively commenting on you using Corbenic Sword for Knights of Round. In that regard, I said that the Corbenic Sword was an inferior sword to other weapons, and that the skillchain you were creating from it wouldn't make up for the overall loss of damage from using a "low" damage mainhand weapon. Likewise, while Heavy Strike is decent, at the same time it's not that powerful of a spell overall. The damage can be good, but it suffers from a significant accuracy penalty that requires you to either go /Thf for Sneak Attack, or stack extra accuracy in your gear set in order to land it reliably on anything higher than an Even Match mob.

Yea and I agree that sword was not best to melee in but was great to starta SC in then swap out for events like KC or HNM fights. Not full time melee.

3) I didn't laugh at your cruor party comments. My two comments were that the information you gave wasn't new, as you claimed it to be. You were making comments along the lines of it being something that few had done before and you were giving us a guide as to how to do one, when in reality, by the time you had posted it, the ins and outs of cruor parties, how to chain kills properly, and good places to do them, were pretty much already well known and had been talked about (even on here several times). My second comment was in response to an erroneous statement you made bragging about how much gil you were making from cruor burns. You had said you had finished your Ragnarok, and then were already nearly completed with two more relics (that you had turned in most of the stuff already). A lot of people, myself included, caught on the impossibility of that, since you can't work on more than one at a time and that not anywhere near enough time had elapsed from when you completed your Ragnarok to claiming you were nearly done with two more.

I never said crour parties were new. But a great many people do come back to the game or just have never done it. Even if posted six or twelve months earlier. These people would never go through 10x pages to find a topic on it. So sharing it every so often is not bad. Before the crour nerf I could shout off crour parties any server nd people would love to join. and they ask me when not shouting to make one because they were fun.

4) My criticism towards you meleeing on Scholar. I will readily admit that Shattersoul is a decent weaponskill, and as something to mess around with soloing or for very simple things, I've got absolutely no problem with a mage equipping a staff, running up, and beating on the monster. However, in situations that you mentioned in the past as to when you used Shattersoul (the mobs you mentioned, etc), I have issue with, because in those situations, a Scholar (especially if they're the lone mage) should be casting enough on their party and the mob that they can't get enough TP to weaponskill (because a solid mage should have multiple staves/clubs, etc to equip for spells). Likewise, on any mob of real value, the mage should be safely standing far back from the mob to avoid AoE attacks, and certainly shouldn't be meleeing in there.

I agree with you on that in most cases a sch shouldn't melee. But if you have regen 5 and a few otherbuffs on people for most content you are ok.

Lastly, and most importantly, I had an issue with the Atmas you mentioned you used. You mentioned that, for the sake of the Regain, you used Atma of the Sea Daughter. I criticized this choice because that is a significant amount of Slow you are inflicting upon yourself for the sake of accumulating TP on a weapon that should be swapping off of on a regular basis. It's just very impractical to intentionally "gimp" yourself by equipping that Atma. Melee won't use it for the Regain because of the Slow, and neither should a Mage for the same reason.

True it has slow but I don't TP much with the staff, only weapon skill in abby. If I am not self Skill chaining, I am Kaustring for 2.5 - 30 or 60 minutes straight assuming party ISl's drop.

I take in account the website has many veterans who do post often, but many people just read or rarely post. So I try posting for noobs, silent players, returning players and vetrens.

In your post many times you always say "I" think your wrong what is cool. But you do realize the server is 5000+ people. So even if one gives an idea like "what would you like added to your job" like the post you write about on all forums. Then people reply and you knock it, even when you say you were not going to knock any idea. Hence few people posted on any of those threads. As a admin you have to think for the community and their various play styles and what they may know, not know, and the many ways they may play the job. Just not yours. That is how you earn respect and leadership.

Granted at times when you led a LS, you have to tell people to play and act a certain way to get a job done.

Efficiency is the name of the game on how to best play a job, and given the sacrifices that a mage would have to make in order to melee any decently strong opponent, in my opinion, and the opinion of the general player base, meleeing should be left to melee jobs. Scholars should be backline healing/support/enfeebling/nuking, alongside White Mages and Black Mages.

BlueGartr and FFXIAH are far more condescending to players than this site is. BlueGartr will even go as far as banning people for being "stupid", and FFXIAH's picture section shows just how that particular user base responds to the gear of players and screenshots of "good damage". I'd argue that out this site, BG, and AH, we're the most accepting of those "off the wall" sorts of topics since we're more lax all in all.

You just need to remember that it's a generally accepted standpoint for the entire player base, supported by countless tests and just running gear and scenarios through spreadsheets painstakingly put together that it's just overall very inefficient for a Scholar to melee in place of some of the other abilities it has. It's very likely the whole reason Immanence was given was pretty much to allow a Scholar to stand back and open a skillchain for melee in the front lines so they can close it. Do they have some tools available to them to melee? Sure, but them meleeing instead of curing or nuking is like expecting a Dark Knight to stand back and just nuke constantly. They've got MP and some nukes (thus have some tools available to them), but they don't because it's just inefficient in comparison to what they're better suited for, which is the same with Scholar. There are other things they are better suited to do besides melee, so myself and the general player base will see it as inefficient.

I agree a sch should not melee but Ws or SC is ok. I bet as an example when you proc a VW !! all melee jump in and beat it down 30 seconds. Afterwards it has 300 TP and does some nasty AOE move. In these cases its easy to steal 60-150+ TP /drk and either use when "staff" is called or as the Japanese would say, kill it after X is done.

Another classic example. the drk could be beating the NM down, or standing back to wait for GS or scythe to !! it. Yet when a darkness blm is called,I rarely see a drk scroll through absorb spells to !! it, hence I have to pick up the slack of theirs.


I don't mean to insult you as an individual, since that is not my intention, but you've been suggesting playstyles that are far from the norm for Scholar and your other jobs, so you must understand that you're opening yourself up to criticism, which might or might not be constructive.


I will say, I don't care what most say about me. And I know most questions I ask will be rated down for no other reason than its just me asking them. But I know you will give pretty good advice on whatever I ask. I know as an example this website hated my shattersoul topic but I got +11 on ffxiah when I posted same subject their.

And recently after being ridiculed for sch/whm banish. due to its skill in it. After posted Assistant tier meebles with skeletons, and out pacing the Uko warrior I showed it was a good combo and it had its uses.

Anyway nice conversation
#13 Oct 31 2012 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
This is an interesting thread. Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#14 Oct 31 2012 at 9:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
Just get a Kingdom Signet Staff. It looks about the same and is about as useful if not more.
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#15 Oct 31 2012 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,180 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
I will say, I don't care what most say about me. And I know most questions I ask will be rated down for no other reason than its just me asking them. But I know you will give pretty good advice on whatever I ask. I know as an example this website hated my shattersoul topic but I got +11 on ffxiah when I posted same subject their.


Liking a post and agreeing with it are not necessarily indicative of one another. I fear some might view you as the Tommy Wiseau of FFXI.
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#16 Oct 31 2012 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
zellbaca wrote:
kimjongil76 wrote:
I will say, I don't care what most say about me. And I know most questions I ask will be rated down for no other reason than its just me asking them. But I know you will give pretty good advice on whatever I ask. I know as an example this website hated my shattersoul topic but I got +11 on ffxiah when I posted same subject their.
Liking a post and agreeing with it are not necessarily indicative of one another. I fear some might view you as the Tommy Wiseau of FFXI.
Just out of curiosity, I'm actually trying to find that thread. Problem is I'm only seeing everyone criticizing his opinions and all I could find was this and this.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#17 Oct 31 2012 at 4:30 PM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
xypin wrote:
zellbaca wrote:
kimjongil76 wrote:
I will say, I don't care what most say about me. And I know most questions I ask will be rated down for no other reason than its just me asking them. But I know you will give pretty good advice on whatever I ask. I know as an example this website hated my shattersoul topic but I got +11 on ffxiah when I posted same subject their.
Liking a post and agreeing with it are not necessarily indicative of one another. I fear some might view you as the Tommy Wiseau of FFXI.
Just out of curiosity, I'm actually trying to find that thread. Problem is I'm only seeing everyone criticizing his opinions and all I could find was this and this.



Maybe you should try this one. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30499/shattersoul/ Everyone liked the shattersoul topic.

And the 2nd link you gave A schoars education page 7. again they like and agree. Even suggest posting my findings on meeble marrows page.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/32145/a-scholars-education/7/

If your going to post negative threads on people who RTM that's your business.
#18 Oct 31 2012 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,416 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
xypin wrote:
zellbaca wrote:
kimjongil76 wrote:
I will say, I don't care what most say about me. And I know most questions I ask will be rated down for no other reason than its just me asking them. But I know you will give pretty good advice on whatever I ask. I know as an example this website hated my shattersoul topic but I got +11 on ffxiah when I posted same subject their.
Liking a post and agreeing with it are not necessarily indicative of one another. I fear some might view you as the Tommy Wiseau of FFXI.
Just out of curiosity, I'm actually trying to find that thread. Problem is I'm only seeing everyone criticizing his opinions and all I could find was this and this.



Maybe you should try this one. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30499/shattersoul/ Everyone liked the shattersoul topic.


You may have a diffirent view on reality than the rest of us. What i'm seeing there is someone who's asking how he can DD with Shattersoul, and the first 4 people are (justifiedly) laughing at the idiocy of the suggestion alone. All i'm seeing is people making fun of it, half-assed suggestions that are meant to not be taken seriously, then two people after you've finished posting that are absolutely laughing their asses off, being sarcastic and having a great time at the troll attempt.

Could you please point out just where they are not being sarcastic and actually praising you? Because it's really hard if not impossible to find so far. However, the pictures are amusing and atleast one person simply likes how the WS looks. It's nothing but trolling from that point onwards and people saying "dont pretend you're a DD on SCH".

Also as pointed out in another thread earlier, parses dont mean a thing, and can be taken completely out of context. If everyone else is proc'ing with weak WS's and you're the only one DD'ing, or for all we know you were doing those on EP's meanwhile, or knew there was going to be a parse and went all out endangering yourself and needing massive amounts of curing or causing downtime for others?

What that parse is telling me on page 2 is that the two "DD SCH's" apparently melee'd 100 times more often than any of the other players. And that your total WS damage is actually pretty close to your total melee DoT. Which means it's absolutely an inflated parse, taken over a long time, probably before anyone else got invited. And that no one else was actually doing much, if attacking at all. Again, it's followed by more people laughing and you apprently not getting it. Reading stuff about "parse not being impressive" and "Thanks for the parse i know who not to run with for voidwatch sheesh.".

So really...? Hmm...
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#19kimjongil76, Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 5:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) OK, well Xeca is my student. I showed him Shattersoul on my sch. Since then I have been perfecting it.
#20 Oct 31 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
If you read what some of those people who liked the post said right after (the two immediately following your post) they commented in it in a condescending, joking manner, and that it was a hilarious story. They weren't liking it because they agreed with you or felt that your story was legitimate, they felt you were trolling them and they liked it because they got a laugh out of it. As it was mentioned earlier, just because it was liked doesn't actually mean that it's "good" information. They (at least the two that posted in the topic after liking it) found it a hilarious post, and liked it because of that.

As for the second link you posted, again it was said in a very sarcastic manner. The way they said it wasn't meant to be taken as legitimate praise of what you posted, but as a backhanded insult. Like "Oh wow, that's some great info. You should REALLY post more about it!"

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 7:52pm by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#21 Oct 31 2012 at 10:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,180 posts
.
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#22 Nov 01 2012 at 12:06 AM Rating: Default
*
135 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
Raelix wrote:
As if we didn't have enough trouble taking you seriously...


If you can't say something constructive, or nice. You shouldn't say much at all. A person shows their insecurity when they have a bg mouth and have to bash others down to feel good.

Good luck, I hope karma doesn't do to you as you speak and act.



The part that amuses me is that you seem surprised by the fact that Raelix posted a reply that had no purpose other than to be a condescending ********* I'm fairly new here, and I already know much better than to be surprised by that. I mean...I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T reply to any thread here with a snarky and belittling comment that bolsters his own ego and asserts his perceived superiority. He's the Zam equivalent of the red Corvette driver in RL.

#23 Nov 01 2012 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,250 posts
I summed up the direction of the thread in ten words. I'm absolutely insulted you'd associate me whit the ******** that is a Corvette though.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#24 Nov 01 2012 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
So I am making a relic.

I am considering Mjollnir, the WHM club. In all hopes one day BLM can use it. The club gets the powerful weapon skill Hexa Strike. The club also gets a hidden 3x damage modifier. Would that make hexa strike even stronger than Resolution?

I have already tested this all out myself and proven it's true but I'm just creating this topic to get your opinion on something I've already made my mind up about and to use this forum as a bully pulpit to troll for flames.


Edited, Nov 1st 2012 1:33pm by TheBarrister
____________________________
Carbuncle


#25 Nov 01 2012 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,512 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
Good luck, I hope karma doesn't do to you as you speak and act.
Karma means I can sleep easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Nov 01 2012 at 1:49 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,020 posts
SCH meleeing....should I stop reading now or after I clean up the pepsi I just sprayed all over my monitor from laughing?
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#27 Nov 01 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Default
*
64 posts
Cyber bullying at its finest!
#28 Nov 01 2012 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
***
1,020 posts
CelestianNinja wrote:
Cyber bullying at its finest!


I don't know whether to shake my head or facepalm at that comment. Cyber bullying is a real issue.

This thread is just coming up with a laughable idea in front of a crowd that knows better.

Yes, there is a real difference.

That being said, please by all means, let the lulz continue.


Edited, Nov 1st 2012 7:27pm by Magicalsquirrel
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#29 Nov 01 2012 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,242 posts
Quote:
I don't know whether to shake my head or facepalm at that comment. Cyber bullying is a real issue.


I personally think the term is a bit of a joke, to be honest. Having actually seen real bullying, I have a hard time calling this "bullying" since nobody is actually getting beaten up or being forced to do something like give up their lunch money.

BUT YEAH WHATEVER carry on
#30 Nov 01 2012 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Let's try to keep the actual insults and flaming to a minimum. Even if he's trolling us, let's not actually feed the troll with insults or anything. If you disagree with him, then argue the points that you disagree with. Don't just make trolling posts just poking fun at it please.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#31 Nov 02 2012 at 11:43 AM Rating: Default
*
64 posts
Magicalsquirrel wrote:
CelestianNinja wrote:
Cyber bullying at its finest!


I don't know whether to shake my head or facepalm at that comment. Cyber bullying is a real issue.

This thread is just coming up with a laughable idea in front of a crowd that knows better.

Yes, there is a real difference.

That being said, please by all means, let the lulz continue.


Edited, Nov 1st 2012 7:27pm by Magicalsquirrel

Your laughing at someone elses expense . Assuming that you smarter than they are and making them feel bad for a choice they made, That is a form of bullying... Bottom line is if some one wants to play the game in a certain way, they should not made feel to feel bad about their choices.
#32 Nov 02 2012 at 12:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,382 posts
No, Kim is

a) largely trolling

b) able to handle these responses, which they get often, and keep coming back for more of.

People responding to a silly idea with facts and facepalming is not the same as cyberbullying. Seriously. You just devalue the issue by bringing it up frivolously.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#33 Nov 03 2012 at 1:30 AM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
Olorinus wrote:
No, Kim is

a) largely trolling

b) able to handle these responses, which they get often, and keep coming back for more of.

People responding to a silly idea with facts and facepalming is not the same as cyberbullying. Seriously. You just devalue the issue by bringing it up frivolously.



Actually I don't troll, and I don't ask silly questions.
I ask questions because I have ideas in my head that I want to try out. If their were software programs that one could enter all gear, get stats and how it do on monsters or players I wouldn't bother wasteing my time with you.

As for you, It is you and many others who drag out ANY QUESTION I ask into a drama page. I been happy with a simple response. But notice the very second post was someone who was acting like a baby. And many others do. Most threads I make Could be answered with 1-5 comments,. But Users on the website like drama so they choose me to make it.

That's ok, as I do accomplish more then most people on this website ever will in ffxi.

Todays accomplishment four man arch diablos prime in Dyna and walking away with his gloves. here I seen 12-18 men alliances fail, I succeed.
Have a good day, and for the record no one even really answered the question I asked.

#34 Nov 03 2012 at 2:02 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,180 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
No, Kim is

a) largely trolling

b) able to handle these responses, which they get often, and keep coming back for more of.

People responding to a silly idea with facts and facepalming is not the same as cyberbullying. Seriously. You just devalue the issue by bringing it up frivolously.



Actually I don't troll, and I don't ask silly questions.
I ask questions because I have ideas in my head that I want to try out. If their were software programs that one could enter all gear, get stats and how it do on monsters or players I wouldn't bother wasteing my time with you.

As for you, It is you and many others who drag out ANY QUESTION I ask into a drama page. I been happy with a simple response. But notice the very second post was someone who was acting like a baby. And many others do. Most threads I make Could be answered with 1-5 comments,. But Users on the website like drama so they choose me to make it.

That's ok, as I do accomplish more then most people on this website ever will in ffxi.

Todays accomplishment four man arch diablos prime in Dyna and walking away with his gloves. here I seen 12-18 men alliances fail, I succeed.
Have a good day, and for the record no one even really answered the question I asked.



Here's your answer: Smiley: lol
____________________________
Louverance: You should spend your next life as a friar, my friend!
Later...
Meransarget: Oh, herro there.
#35 Nov 03 2012 at 2:09 AM Rating: Excellent
kimjongil76 wrote:


Todays accomplishment four man arch diablos prime in Dyna and walking away with his gloves. here I seen 12-18 men alliances fail, I succeed.
Have a good day, and for the record no one even really answered the question I asked.



It was answered though. While a Claustrum might have higher base Dmg than something like Plenitas Virga or whatever you're using, it's not a high enough boost to make a significant difference over those weapons. The 2.5x damage effect it has does not trigger very often (a trait shared with pretty much all relics) and cannot trigger on weaponskills (even if it did trigger on weaponskills though, Ragnarok also has the 2.5x damage effect to it, so it'd still be even), so you wouldn't get any Shattersouls 2.5x stronger than normal. Lastly, the Refresh effect from the Aftermath is 8 MP/tic (not 14 MP/tic) and only lasts 60 seconds at most (with full 300 TP) so it's not really going to do you much good.

Given that Resolution is vastly superior to Shattersoul in every form (Damage modifiers, that fTP from gorgets/belts transfers to all hits in Resolution but not in Shattersoul, the jobs that can use them, etc) and that the Ragnarok's Aftermath is significantly better than Claustrum's, then Claustrum will fall behind quite a bit.

Likewise, Square Enix has gone on record multiple times saying they won't add the ToAU/WotG/SoA jobs to relic weapons, so Scholar won't ever be added to Claustrum.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 4:13am by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#36 Nov 03 2012 at 2:36 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,227 posts
Pres(Kim) were you formerly on the Siren server by chance? Or am I confusing you with the Galka who had to change his name from Natzi to something else?
____________________________
[ffxisig]188740[/ffxisig]
Busa's Cloth Guide 1-100
Zaredx wrote:
Gjallihorn + Carnwenhan = Green Ranger's Flute! DRAGONZORD!
#37kimjongil76, Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 7:35 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) To bad my name struck fear in the people in the worm party. That guy is now my master scholar.
#38 Nov 03 2012 at 2:45 PM Rating: Good
***
2,227 posts
It's is SOOOOO freaking quiet lol.
Guys, I've got something to say here.

I've met this dude a few months back, even interacted with him.

I can assure you, he is not trolling. He is honestly a nice, polite guy who truly has little clue as to how the mechanics of the game works. When he asks a dumb question, he's being honest. I know it doesn't help most of our heads that want to explode when someone has two relics and doesn't even understand them, but I can assure you...he's not trolling.
____________________________
[ffxisig]188740[/ffxisig]
Busa's Cloth Guide 1-100
Zaredx wrote:
Gjallihorn + Carnwenhan = Green Ranger's Flute! DRAGONZORD!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 106 All times are in CST
copperguy, detlef, Kuwoobie, Anonymous Guests (103)