Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Oct. 22)Follow

#1 Oct 22 2012 at 4:49 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
****
5,408 posts
PlayOnline wrote:

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 22, 2012 from 10:00 to 11:30 (PDT)
Oct. 22, 2012 from 17:00 to 18:30 (GMT)/18:00 to 19:30 (BST)
Oct. 22, 2012 from 1PM to 2:30PM (EDT)
Oct. 23, 2012 from 2AM to 3:30AM (JST)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* Maintenance operations will delete any reservations for Pankration matches and Maze Tabulae registered to NPC Duplidoc for Moblin Maze Mongers. To those players who are scheduled to participate in Pankration matches, those who will enter Assault, Salvage or Einherjar areas, or those who will participate in Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21765.shtml

Official forums will going down from 2:00 to 3:00PM PDT/5:00 to 6:00PM EDT.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21761.shtml


Edited, Oct 22nd 2012 9:43am by Szabo
#2 Oct 22 2012 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,020 posts
Aw hell, what'd they break this time.
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#3 Oct 22 2012 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,349 posts
You could enter Meeble Burrows more than 5 times per 24 hours. Seemed more fair than the current thing, but still. Even though barely anyone does it anyhow... they simply didnt really notice till now.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#4 Oct 22 2012 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
****
5,408 posts
NOC_NA wrote:

[NA] FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

At the following time, a version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:30 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]

[System]

- The prices when selling the following items to NPCs have changed:
Stamina Apple / Spore Bomb / Chocobo Taping / Chocobo Blnk / Shadow Roll / Chocobo Hood / Grauberg Greens / Sharug Greens / Azouph Greens

- The following items can no longer be sold to NPCs:
Perle Solerets / Aurore Gaiters / Teal Pigaches / Perle Salade / Aurore Beret / Teal Chapeau / Perle Moufles / Aurore Gloves / Teal Cuffs / Perle Hauberk / Aurore Doublet / Teal Saio / Perle Brayettes / Aurore Brais / Teal Slops

[Issues Addressed]
The following issues have been fixed:

- The issue below has been fixed in Meeble Burrows:
An issue wherein players were immediately kicked out if every player in the party logged out and logged back in within 3 minutes whilst in the burrows.

An issue wherein the stock number of key items, “Moblin pheromone sack” was sometimes incorrect in certain situations when talking to the NPC ‘Burrow Investigator’ in Upper Jeuno (I-8)

An issue wherein a confirmation window would be displayed when talking to the NPC ‘Vrednev’ in Sauromugue Champaign(J-7) when the party consisted of fewer than 3 members.

- In the quest ‘Shattering Stars ’ and corresponding quests:
An issue wherein it was only possible to challenge BF once with ‘xx’s testimony’

*A bug has been confirmed when challenging BF where a message saying ‘xx’s testimony has been annulled!’ is displayed. The message has been fixed and BF can now be challenged up to 3 times.
In addition, ‘xx’s testimony’ is also returned to the PC whenever it’s possible to challenge BF again.

- During Besieged: an issue wherein when the player was KO’d and the battle ended but did not receive XP after being revived.



http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/28107-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Version-Update-%28Oct.-22%29
#5 Oct 22 2012 at 12:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
43 posts
Szabo wrote:
NOC_NA wrote:

[Update Details]

[System]

- The prices when selling the following items to NPCs have changed:
Stamina Apple / Spore Bomb / Chocobo Taping / Chocobo Blnk / Shadow Roll / Chocobo Hood / Grauberg Greens / Sharug Greens / Azouph Greens

- The following items can no longer be sold to NPCs:
Perle Solerets / Aurore Gaiters / Teal Pigaches / Perle Salade / Aurore Beret / Teal Chapeau / Perle Moufles / Aurore Gloves / Teal Cuffs / Perle Hauberk / Aurore Doublet / Teal Saio / Perle Brayettes / Aurore Brais / Teal Slops



http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/28107-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Version-Update-%28Oct.-22%29


Really?

SE: "No, no no no NO NO NO! How dare you use event-specific currency to make normal currency inefficiently! We must stop this months late!"
#6 Oct 22 2012 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
828 posts
I have a feeling that cru to gil was overlooked for months b/c of the leadership changeover and people weren't complaining about it. Well, or Tanaka was out of it and wasn't listening.

Edited, Oct 22nd 2012 3:45pm by maryadavies
____________________________
Elizara, Mithran WHM of Quetzalcoatl
LS's: SpecialFriends, ShikigamiWeapon, Noble's, WeSayHurray, JingZen, Betrayed (Dynamis and Aby)

Still a MithraPride kitty at heart, tho that shell is gone..Also still CTY at heart forevah!

Midgard: NEVER FORGET.

Alla profile: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530

Thinking about swapping from console to PC? Check here to do it right!
#7 Oct 22 2012 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,123 posts
Szabo wrote:
NOC_NA wrote:

- In the quest ‘Shattering Stars ’ and corresponding quests:
An issue wherein it was only possible to challenge BF once with ‘xx’s testimony’

*A bug has been confirmed when challenging BF where a message saying ‘xx’s testimony has been annulled!’ is displayed. The message has been fixed and BF can now be challenged up to 3 times.
In addition, ‘xx’s testimony’ is also returned to the PC whenever it’s possible to challenge BF again.


Why does it say BF instead of Maat?
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
Free Company: BadAsp Super Friends <BASF>
#8 Oct 22 2012 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
5,684 posts
I think SE is just trying to get the economy under control. I don't know if it's something they'll be able to carry out, but a huge constant influx of gil tends to trivialize the currency and you end up with Diablo 3.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#9 Oct 22 2012 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
828 posts
Ralrra wrote:
Szabo wrote:
NOC_NA wrote:

- In the quest ‘Shattering Stars ’ and corresponding quests:
An issue wherein it was only possible to challenge BF once with ‘xx’s testimony’

*A bug has been confirmed when challenging BF where a message saying ‘xx’s testimony has been annulled!’ is displayed. The message has been fixed and BF can now be challenged up to 3 times.
In addition, ‘xx’s testimony’ is also returned to the PC whenever it’s possible to challenge BF again.


Why does it say BF instead of Maat?


Prolly because some of the shattering starts bosses are not maat, so they went "BF" which is prolly short for "Boss Fight". ^^ I always called the post-CoP Shattering Stars bosses "Job Masters" but that's me..
____________________________
Elizara, Mithran WHM of Quetzalcoatl
LS's: SpecialFriends, ShikigamiWeapon, Noble's, WeSayHurray, JingZen, Betrayed (Dynamis and Aby)

Still a MithraPride kitty at heart, tho that shell is gone..Also still CTY at heart forevah!

Midgard: NEVER FORGET.

Alla profile: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530

Thinking about swapping from console to PC? Check here to do it right!
#10 Oct 22 2012 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Its been reported the new price of Blinkers is 67 gil...........
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#11 Oct 22 2012 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
727 posts
Edit: never mind, I guess they nerfed blinkers too :P

Edited, Oct 22nd 2012 1:30pm by Subadai
#12 Oct 22 2012 at 2:33 PM Rating: Excellent
**
916 posts
oh nuts, I was sitting on nearly 7 mil cruor and never used it. :(
____________________________
Lu Shangs Fishing Rod obtained: Feb 2005
Maat's cap Obtained: Saturday 31st July 2010
Ebisu Fishing Rod Obtained: Sunday 8th August 2010
#13 Oct 22 2012 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,288 posts
Well, now people will actually use their cruor to upgrade atmacites, like it was intended.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#14 Oct 22 2012 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
What a moronic update. How about you add content so people aren't left with finding the most efficient item to NPC since there is basically nothing to do except make gil? Maybe you could have like, thought about this thing you added to the game, instead of nerfing things after they have become mainstream.

Typical 1 step forward, 3 steps back. And here I thought Tanaka was gone.

Next update: Pebbles now NPC for less than 1 gil!
____________________________
Carbuncle


#15 Oct 22 2012 at 3:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,288 posts
I think the issue was that the RMT were farming it, too.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#16 Oct 22 2012 at 3:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,020 posts
And this warranted an "emergency" maintenance why? It's something they could have fixed in a future update, FFS. Gonna call it now: Next thing they make unsellable in the name of combating RMT will be voiddust.

SE: **** off the playerbase in the name of combating RMT since 2002.

Edited, Oct 22nd 2012 5:53pm by Magicalsquirrel

Edited, Oct 22nd 2012 5:54pm by Magicalsquirrel
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#17 Oct 22 2012 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
What a moronic update. How about you add content so people aren't left with finding the most efficient item to NPC since there is basically nothing to do except make gil? Maybe you could have like, thought about this thing you added to the game, instead of nerfing things after they have become mainstream.


Seriously. For the common player what's left? Abyssea is all tapped out due to being abandoned. Meebles is hamstrung by lockouts. They just killed the profitability of VW. NNI is only meant for leet haxorz. Dynamis is about to be overrun, and has never ever been fun. Old events are hardly worth it. I guess there's Magian trials? Good luck affording your flame geodes now though.

Quote:
Typical 1 step forward, 3 steps back. And here I thought Tanaka was gone.


New Producer, same as the old Producer. Maybe we should just call him Tanaka, Jr.
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#18 Oct 22 2012 at 10:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
People aren't making millions of gil just leveling characters or doing a couple runs of voidwatch?

Did nobody else notice a little inflation going on?

Anyway, the gil you've got just shot up in value. Trivialization, like someone mentioned Diablo already, is a dangerous thing to court.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#19 Oct 23 2012 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
****
5,595 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
Typical 1 step forward, 3 steps back. And here I thought Tanaka was gone.

Hmmm, how involved was the new producer with FFXI during the development and addition of Abyssea? I was going to say that he's having to clean up a mess that's been left behind that he wasn't responsible for creating in the first place, but I can't say that for sure. SoA should be a good measuring stick for the new guy's vision and direction.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 86 All times are in CDT
Shinzaku, Skubsteve, Anonymous Guests (84)