Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

any game like FFXI pre-abyssea? Follow

#1 Oct 14 2012 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I played for 7 yrs and quit right after abyssea.
I will like a game that is similar to the old FFXI.
I have try all the wow clones, also tried SWTOR, GW2 and they are waaaay to easy to lvl, no parties required I can solo everything all the way...
If anyone knows of a game similar to what ffxi used to be please share it :D
I heard Archage will be similar but is not releasing until 2014-15 so...
And FFXIV is so boring and just not what I like, FFXIV:ARR looks even more like WOW....

I used to play in server midgardsormr, Kiato was my hume character, Linkshell zEUs.... If anyone remembers me :D

Edited, Oct 14th 2012 7:36pm by limonconcon
____________________________
eva!!!
#2 Oct 14 2012 at 6:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,636 posts
1) stop hanging out with your friends entirely
2) get about 8 dice. Roll them all. If they all come up 6s, you get to eat tonight. Otherwise, reroll. Continue until frustrated or fed.

I think that's about the same experience.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#3 Oct 14 2012 at 6:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,366 posts
I'm going with Tomb of Horrors for D&D 4th edition.

Considered the hardest **** module in the entire D&D-verse by some.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#4 Oct 14 2012 at 6:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
catwho wrote:
I'm going with Tomb of Horrors for D&D 4th edition.

Considered the hardest **** module in the entire D&D-verse by some.

Nah, just ******** It's nothing but save-or-die shenanigans.

Is there really a 4th edition port though?

Edited, Oct 14th 2012 5:44pm by Raelix
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#5 Oct 14 2012 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,366 posts
Raelix wrote:
catwho wrote:
I'm going with Tomb of Horrors for D&D 4th edition.

Considered the hardest **** module in the entire D&D-verse by some.

Nah, just ******** It's nothing but save-or-die shenanigans.

Is there really a 4th edition port though?


Supposedly. I can't remember what edition I played through, but I wanted to strangle our smirking DM the entire time. And the wiki says 4th edition version is toughest, so.... That was probably it.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#6 Oct 14 2012 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
teeheehee you think XIV: ARR looks like WoW... now THAT sir is funny. Looks like one of the only mmo's to be released recently drifting away from "WoW" model.

Anyway... there really is no other mmo like the final fantasy ones. All MMO's are power solo level to endgame to do crap. There are dungeons along the way of course with groups... but I have found in new MMO's today they just plow through them and it can be hard to get some groups to even talk... sigh... You just have to come back to XI or try to find one of the newer games that can at least work somewhat...

Like lord of the rings online. I love that game, but no one does non endgame stuff. It is like pulling teeth to get groups together to do a mid level dungeon and can involve waiting for hours or a couple days before you are finally able to find other people interested in doing it. It is really sad. No one wastes time with the group stuff and just power solos to endgame :(. I want to enjoy my journey but when no one else does what can ya do? At least in SWTOR you get interesting stories to go through...

Edited, Oct 15th 2012 12:28am by Banwawgwa
#7 Oct 15 2012 at 3:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
22 posts
Pandora Saga I guess.
#8 Oct 17 2012 at 5:04 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
I think this game was modeled after Everquest so try that.
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#9 Oct 18 2012 at 3:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,285 posts
There is a legacy server for EQ as well, fippy darkpaw, so it may be what you're looking for! Well it is a progression server, with players on the server having to achieve certain goals before getting the opportunity to vote on unlocking expansions

Edited, Oct 18th 2012 2:03pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#10 Oct 20 2012 at 7:00 AM Rating: Good
***
1,342 posts
Erecia wrote:
1) stop hanging out with your friends entirely
2) get about 8 dice. Roll them all. If they all come up 6s, you get to eat tonight. Otherwise, reroll. Continue until frustrated or fed.

I think that's about the same experience.

/endthread
____________________________
99: Sam, Drg, War, Drk, Nin, Thf, Mnk, Rng, Pup, Blm, Smn, Bst, Dnc, Pld, Sch, Whm, Blu, Cor, Rdm, Brd.
#11Lobivopis, Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Take up radio controlled model helicopters (big hobby grade ones, not toy store junk), it's an extremely punishing hobby that I'm sure you'll enjoy if you liked old FFXI. That's what I did for my cruel hobby fix after FFXI was noobed down and started to bore me.
#12 Nov 04 2012 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,366 posts
It's more expensive than FFXI, though. Every time one crashes and a part breaks off, that's $20 gone.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#13 Nov 04 2012 at 8:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
limonconcon wrote:
I played for 7 yrs and quit right after abyssea.
I will like a game that is similar to the old FFXI.
I have try all the wow clones, also tried SWTOR, GW2 and they are waaaay to easy to lvl, no parties required I can solo everything all the way...
If anyone knows of a game similar to what ffxi used to be please share it :D
I heard Archage will be similar but is not releasing until 2014-15 so...
And FFXIV is so boring and just not what I like, FFXIV:ARR looks even more like WOW....

I used to play in server midgardsormr, Kiato was my hume character, Linkshell zEUs.... If anyone remembers me :D


I feel like I've seen this before. Maybe try Everquest1? What you're after will probably only be found in something old and outdated.
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#15 Nov 05 2012 at 5:48 AM Rating: Good
**
639 posts
Some games:

Warhammer.

This had group raids and PVP raids. This game was and is fun

Aion: Just try getting max level. As an Asian game they value grinding

Skyrim, while not an online game, its a very fun grinding game, and they are making a MMO for it

Dragon ball online: Good luck getting a KI to play this game. As its only advaible in asia, but it rocks

Diablo 3



#16 Nov 05 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
**
485 posts
Raelix wrote:
catwho wrote:
I'm going with Tomb of Horrors for D&D 4th edition.

Considered the hardest **** module in the entire D&D-verse by some.

Nah, just ******** It's nothing but save-or-die shenanigans.
Edited, Oct 14th 2012 5:44pm by Raelix
Untrue! You're leaving out the die-with-no-save shenanigans. (You entered the hidden Sphere of Annihilation? Roll up a new character.)
____________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."--H. L. Mencken
#17osyrus350, Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 2:47 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) To answer the question from the OP, yes there is a game thats extremely close to pre abby FFXI! I really cant be very specific for reasons that I find kinda silly but hey its the forum rule. So ill just say this, do a google search for "nasomi ffxi" read the info you find and enjoy!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 102 All times are in CDT
TrenchTMK, Anonymous Guests (101)