Is pre-buffing before engaging allowed? That would also put a damper on RDM/anything if everyone's supposed to start buffless.
I'm almost positive he said somewhere in the thread (I can't find it right this second) that he allows you like 2 minutes to buff or do whatever.
Edit: Found the post where he said that: linky Edited, Oct 17th 2012 5:24pm by Altair
That's actually interesting. The whole time I thought i read no pre-buffs. That changes things big time for pro RDM's and BLU's. I now think someone at the Avesta level could treat this guy like an HNM.
Doesn't need to be the avesta level. Besides (and not to take from the guys obvious accomplishments.) there have been much better and more impressive RDM solo's since his hey day. With many variable subs. In fact if anyone should be modeled it is Xenith who solo'd pretty well exclusively as RDM/BLU. But yes this is exactly how you treat 1v1 PVP. The entire aspect is to study your opponent and key on three things.
How can he kill me and how do I stop it?
How can I best kill him and how can he stop it?
What do I need to meet the requirements.
In the case of an event like this (using RDM/BLU as my choice) you would progress through the questions, refining the details. In this case I would find a DRK friend and actually practice fighting a DRK/RDM. While the skill level is likely not the same (due to this guys e-nuts) it does give you and idea how you can manipulate the fight, and how he can as well. (and as you progress your friend will too, and eventually you become better and better because you have to.) Anyhow lets say we fought a fight and got some details. How can he kill me and how do I stop it?
- He can cut me up pretty good (DRK is a very strong DD) I will try and up my defense and get more PDT gear, I can us Bio, Slow, Blind, Paralyze to reduce his attacks and damage
- He can nuke me. (granted with weaker numbers. Silence can be useful, My melee can interrupt his casting. How can I best kill him and how can he stop it?
- I can nuke him. He can melee me to interrupt my casts, He has multiple stuns, sleeps He can take advantage and Aspir me to force early convert.
- I can melee him. He can absorb my TP, he can use dread spikes, he has sleeps to reset the fight What do I need to meet the requirements.
- I need to have a higher defense to render his strong point his week point. Considering Bubu's shield is such a strong choice, I will go with a melee build, this calso helps me against his casting,
- Considering my plan to increase my defense and use a melee build BLU seems like an excellent choice. Cocoon is a great ability and stacks very well with Bio. In addition I get Sanguine Blade which can help me heal myself to conserve MP, also has cheaper cures.
- I need to set my safe to nuke MP threshold and watch for aspirs (break silence or sleep will interrupt his cast)
- I need to make him run out of MP first. (force him to rebuff through dispels)
- Sleeps can reset the fight, Use this to my advantage, use barsleep when he begins casting sleep, and hope for the best.
- What is his resist hole? Use the Enspell II to make a hole if needed, death blossom can also help with this. Time a big nuke for big damage.
Hmm long example...I am a bad poster =( Edited, Oct 18th 2012 11:39pm by rdmcandie