[dev1053] Meeble Burrows
*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.
Meeble Burrows is all-new dungeon content in which intrepid players sneak into underground caves and participate in various research expeditions, delving ever farther until they best the dreadful beasts in the far recesses of the caverns.
* The Wings of the Goddess expansion is required to venture into Meeble Burrows.
- Parties must be comprised of between three and six players.
- There is no level restriction.
- There is a time limit of fifteen minutes.
Preparing for your trek
- Speak to the Burrow Investigator located in Upper Jeuno (I-8) to receive a grimoire and a sack of Moblin pheromones key item.
- A grimoire is needed to select a research expedition to tackle in Meeble Burrows.
- Your deeds of valor—as well as any special bonuses conferred upon you—will be inscribed on the grimoire's dusty parchment.
- Your grimoire may be used multiple times, but when you embark upon courses to battle the most lurid of fiends, you will have to turn it in, rendering it unusable.
- Grimoires may be purchased from the Burrow Investigator or Burrow Researcher for either gil or research marks, a special type of currency acquired in Meeble Burrows.
- Sack of Moblin pheromones
- Preliminary research suggests that the Meebles have exceptionally poor vision, so all an explorer needs to do is fool their olfactory senses. This is where sacks of moblin pheromones come in!
- Sacks of Moblin pheromones are consumed when entering Meeble Burrows.
- Each party member must possess this item to enter.
- Players may only have one sack in their inventory, but the Burrow Investigator/Burrow Researcher will hold up to four for you, making for a total stock of five.
- One sack of Moblin pheromones will be added to your stock every twenty hours (Earth time).
Commencing a Research Expedition
- Trade your grimoire to the Burrow Researcher NPC in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) and have the party leader select the desired research expedition.
* Party members trading their own grimoires to the Burrow Researcher will update their respective grimoires with the course information.
- Speaking to Vrednev, a Meeble located outside the burrows, will commence the course and enable you to enter.
- Achieving Goals
- Exploring Meeble Burrows is not about wiping out everything in sight. Instead, each expedition contains a series of three goals to achieve.
- Clearing an expedition involves achieving at least one of the pre-established goals.
- Of course, more goals completed means better rewards, so don't slack off just because you've gone partway!
* The Speleological Handbook located within the burrows provides spelunkers with a wealth of information, including the research tasks at hand and boons given by grimoires.
Completing an expedition
- The dangers of the Meeble Burrows are many, so explorers setting foot in the burrows will receive a Hiatus Whistle, a temporary item that whisks them to the entrance with one sharp call.
- After completing an expedition, players will receive a Terminus Whistle: a temporary item that teleports the party to the entrance.
- After escaping via the Terminus Whistle, talk to the Burrow Researcher once more. He will confirm that you have completed the assigned tasks, record the details thereof in his little black journal, and return your grimoire to you.
The Burrow Researcher has multiple courses to offer able adventurers, and completion of one course may open up other, more taxing expeditions. In addition, successfully completing goals will add a variety of boons to the player's grimoire.
- Inquests into the burrows allow for more than just insight into Meeble society. They also accrue a special currency known as “research marks.”
- These research marks represent the goodwill one has earned with the Meeble Burrows Research Team, and can be exchanged to purchase items or grimoires from the Burrow Investigator and Burrow Researcher.
* Item rewards are not displayed at this time.
Test Server Specifications
- Courses may be attempted by as few as one person.
- Sacks of Moblin pheromones will stock up at the rate of one per minute.
- A special test NPC has been added to Sauromugue Champaign (J-7). This NPC provides the following services:
- Full ability restoration
- Adding or removing all boons from your grimoire.
[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
- New special job abilities will be introduced.
*These special abilities will share the same recast time as previous ones.
*Abilities for the following jobs will be reflected on test server once the August 3 update goes live:
Warrior / Black Mage / Red Mage / Paladin / Dark Knight / Beastmaster / Ranger / Ninja / Dragoon / Summoner / Puppetmaster / Dancer
Warrior - Auto-attacks will not be considered physical damage. Greatly increases accuracy.
Monk - Counters almost every enemy auto-attack and greatly increases enmity.
White Mage - Prevents party members from receiving status ailments.
Black Mage - Greatly lowers the amount of enmity accrued from spells.
Red Mage - Bolsters the effects of enhancing magic.
Thief - Deals severe damage and transfers your enmity to the party member in front of you.
Paladin - Greatly increases chance of blocking with shield and damages target.
Dark Knight - Auto-attacks absorb target's TP.
Beastmaster - Sacrifice your pet to recover HP and remove status ailments.
Grants the effect of Reraise.
Bard - Greatly reduces target's magic defense, magic evasion, INT and MND.
Ranger - Allows you to deliver optimally accurate and powerful ranged attacks from any distance.
Arrows are not expended during attacks.
Samurai - Evades all special attacks that deal physical damage.
Enhances the potency of your next weapon skill every time you evade a special attack.
Ninja - Greatly increases the chance of parrying.
Reduces ninjutsu casting times by half and eliminates the need for ninja tools.
Dragoon - Recovers wyvern's HP and removes status ailments. Enhances breath effects.
Summoner - Eliminates "Blood Pact" recast times.
Blue Mage - Allows unlimited casting of blue magic spells that use Unbridled Learning.
Puppetmaster - Allows automatons to use a special ability that varies by head.
Harlequin Head: Mighty Strikes
Valoredge Head: Invisible
Sharpshot Head: Eagle Eye Shot
Stormwaker Head: Chainspell
Soulsoother Head: Benediction (will only affect the automaton and members of its master's party)
Spiritreaver Head: Manafont
Dancer - Gives five finishing moves and resets flourish recast timers.
Eliminates the cost of finishing moves.
Scholar - Transfers the whole party's enmity to a party member of your choice.
*The names, help text, and effects that appear on the test server for these abilities are still under development and are subject to change.