Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This game... is un-*******-believable.Follow

#1 Aug 01 2012 at 12:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,671 posts
Kudos to anyone who can identify where the title is from, and in whose voice it should be spoken.

Here I am, trying to do computer sciencey stuff to study for my exam in 2 weeks. A re-take, no less, and all I can think about is re-installing this game and scratching that itch that I pretend isn't there. What's worse is that I know that somewhere in this house is a portable HDD with the installation files for the game and I can't find it anywhere! The most recent patch torrent has already been downloaded and sitting on my PC, my debit card is on my desk waiting to buy Crysta, and it's all for naught! As far as I can find there aren't any decently seeded torrents of the Abyssea collection no matter how many friends of Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard I talk to! Ugh... This game owns my soul -.-

Sorry for the rant. Back to my arborescences. :/
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#2 Aug 01 2012 at 12:28 PM Rating: Excellent
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Diamondis wrote:
Kudos to anyone who can identify where the title is from, and in whose voice it should be spoken.

Here I am, trying to do computer sciencey stuff to study for my exam in 2 weeks. A re-take, no less, and all I can think about is re-installing this game and scratching that itch that I pretend isn't there. What's worse is that I know that somewhere in this house is a portable HDD with the installation files for the game and I can't find it anywhere! The most recent patch torrent has already been downloaded and sitting on my PC, my debit card is on my desk waiting to buy Crysta, and it's all for naught! As far as I can find there aren't any decently seeded torrents of the Abyssea collection no matter how many friends of Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard I talk to! Ugh... This game owns my soul -.-

Sorry for the rant. Back to my arborescences. :/

It's ok, you're not the only addict. You're among friends. /shoulderpat
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#3 Aug 01 2012 at 12:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,709 posts
You don't need everything. Just look for a collection that includes up to WoTG. Anything after WoTG is download when you update.
____________________________
Sever: Diabolos Bahamut Lakshmi
Angryempath wrote:
Well, if you like having your center of mass above your neck, play Taru. Don't blame me when the wind picks up and you flip over >_>

Rog wrote:
I hate you @#%^ing retards that don't understand that the game pre75 and the game post 75 are two completely @#%^ing different games.
#4 Aug 01 2012 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Also, the add-ons come with the big first-log-in-in-months download, it's just the major expansions that need to be included separately.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#5 Aug 01 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,671 posts
Yeah, I know, but I'm seriously trying to avoid the massive download XD The amount of times I've done it in the past... it hurts me.
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#6 Aug 01 2012 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
A torrent to speed things up: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99953-All-Final-Fantasy-XI-PC-Updates-amp-PS2-Disc-Backups
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#7 Aug 01 2012 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,671 posts
Thanks ^^ though I think I may have downloaded those already. I may just try find my discs at this rate and take the hit ><
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#8 Aug 01 2012 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,356 posts
we are such enablers
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#9 Aug 01 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Olorinus wrote:
we are such enablers

It's a good thing.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#10 Aug 01 2012 at 3:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,671 posts
Even with the patch from BG, 120 files to update on POL viewer... god, why is it so slow!?!? I could walk to the server and back 120 times quicker than this!
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#11 Aug 01 2012 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,356 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
we are such enablers

It's a good thing.


Agreed. Who needs real life?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#12 Aug 01 2012 at 3:59 PM Rating: Excellent
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Lady Jinte wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
we are such enablers

It's a good thing.


Agreed. Who needs real life?

**** you. **** you so much.
....must.... resist.....
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#13 Aug 01 2012 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
5,684 posts
We should ask for tvtrope tags- something that combines spoiler tags with a big red WARNING!!! label.

Edited, Aug 1st 2012 5:16pm by xypin
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#14 Aug 01 2012 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,286 posts
Is linking to tvTropes a punishable offense yet?
____________________________
Server: Midgardsormr
Occupation: Reckless Red Mage

IcookPizza wrote:

I think RDM's neurotic omniscience is sooooooo worth including in any alliance.
#15 Aug 01 2012 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,671 posts
4 hours... **** it. Going to bed! Hopefully it's done when I wake up.
____________________________
See You Space Cowboy
#16 Aug 01 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
took me like 8 to D/L and Update when I came back last year (?) again. So yea, sleep, because when you can log in you won't be -.-
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CST
FluEpidemic, Seriha, Szabo, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (75)