Laxedrane the Irrelevant wrote:
I've been reading and expressing my opinion in this thread pretty much from the beginning and I find one thing truly fascinating. Not once did anyone not in a light blue name say that windower is cheating and that people should stop using windower. All of us said specificly the plug-ins being used to make the event "fair" are cheats. The only people who blanketed everything windower does as cheating and morally wrong and should be apart of our stance were the cheaters themselves. It was a logically stupid rebuttal and failed against me at the very least since I don't use windower but it served the task to inflame people into thinking that is our point of view. It isn't, so if you all want to continue thrashing about being angry about something we didn't say then knock yourselves out.
And this in a nutshell is why the cheats should be completely ignored and why they have no credibility in anything they say. I already posted in this thread a while ago my observation that you only have to look at the type of people supporting cheating to ascertain whether it was morally acceptable or not and that observation has only been proven valid the more this thread has gone on.
Again, just look at the people supporting cheating and look at how they have behaved in this thread and how they behave on this board as a whole:
A guy who has been publicly warned by a mod to sort out his sh*tty attitude or face a ban.
A guy so pig headed and stupid in what he says, he managed to lose an argument to Jinte in another thread.
People who reply not to what you say, but to what they want you to have said - effectively ranting to voices in their head. Svlyons did that to me near the start of the thread so I effectively washed my hands of him/her.
Throughout this thread, these people have demonstrated they are really obnoxious and unlikeable human beings incapable of getting on with anyone who doesn't think the same way they do and their mealy mouthed, sanctimonious attempts to portray themselves as righteous warriors facing an oppressive, cruel, unfair taskmaster is nothing short of laughable.
If one were to believe the drivel spouted in this thread by the cheats, one would assume something like the following conversation took place before they collectively decided to cheat. Innocent person forced to cheat 1
- Oh woe is us, we have tried and tried to beat Nyzul Isle Uncharted fairly but those damnable scoundrels at SE have created an event which simply cannot be beaten. Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- You speak words of truth my friend. I fear that our honest endeavours are in vain and we may be forced to undertake nefarious actions in order to obtain the much coveted gear we seek. Innocent person forced to cheat 3
- Surely my friend you are not talking about violating the sacred Terms and Conditions of the game which we hold dear to our heart and respect on every level and which were put in place so that all of us may enjoy a fair and equitable experience in the glorious world of Vana'diel? Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- I am indeed my dear amigo. I fear that in order to give us a sporting chance of completing this mighty task, we may have to delve into the murky world of third party tools. In short, we may have to sully our virgin copy of FFXI with dirty, nasty addons that give us recourse to even up the playing field and tip things in our favour. Innocent person forced to cheat 1
- I don't think I could possibly live with myself if I did that. Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- Me either but our health and family life is suffering. Days we have gone without food or sleep and if we don't find a solution soon I fear tragedy may befall one or more of us. Innocent person forced to cheat 3
- Perhaps if we cheated just a little bit to give us the smallest of chances, in order to save us from a famine induced coma, perhaps then our consciences would allow us to sleep at night. Innocent person forced to cheat 1
- Hmm, perhaps you are right, but where would we possibly go about obtaining these cheats? Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- I have heard it spoken that there are places that allow a fellow to download tools that give an honest adventurer the means to overcome injustice. Innocent person forced to cheat 3
- Know you of such a place? Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- Me? Of course not. I would never sully my hands with such works of evil. But I have...underworld associates who, for the right price may assist us in this matter. Innocent person forced to cheat 1
- Then our minds are set. This is a journey that we must undertake but heaven have mercy on our souls for what we are about to do. Innocent person forced to cheat 2
- We should pray for forgiveness before we start. Innocent person forced to cheat 3
- Yes, let's.
The more this thread has gone on, the wilder their self justifications have become until at this point they would seriously have people believe that cheats are the decent people and anyone who plays by the rules is the bad person.
Since when did people who play by the rules and who don't cheat become the evil in society and those with sh*tty personalities who cheat because they can't bear the fact they aren't getting what they want become the defenders of standards? Oh yes - on the Internet, where black is white and people can hide behind their monitors and spew **** that would get them laughed out of any offline room.
The conversation above didn't really take place as we all know. Let's face up to the conversation that really took place: Cheat 1
- AAAAAHGGH!!!! WE TRIED NYZUL ISLE UNCHARTED 3 TIMES AND FAILED!!!!!! @#%^ING **** SE SONSOFBITCHES THIS **** IS UNWINNABLE UN-@#%^ING-WINNABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheat 2
- Dude you are so right. (Turns volume on Vent down). Is your 10 year subscription to FFXIcheatsnbots.com still valid? Maybe they have something that can help. Cheat 1
- @#%^ SE!!! @#%^ TANAKA @#%^ NYZUL!!! GONNA DO THE DAT SWAP CHEAT FROM BG!! OMG CAN'T BREATHE SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!! Cheat 2
- Dude calm down or you'll need your asthma inhaler. Cheat 1
Perhaps a slight exaggeration but I believe the point is made.
Now their self delusion has reached the point where they are accusing anyone who condemns their cheating as 'jealous'. Like they have some special cheating power that no one else can utilise...
They remind me of jingoistic Americans who claim everyone is jealous of their country who points out anything America does wrong in the world.
No one is the slightest bit jealous. And if one day the cheats manage to learn how to read what is actually there instead of what they want to read, they will see that people have repeatedly stated they don't really care if cheats cheat.
What people object to is the cheats trying to make out they are noble or righteous or that cheating is the right thing to do.
At the end of the day, this thread is not a law court to determine if cheating should be allowed or not. No one in this thread has the power to ban cheaters or stop them cheating. There is no reason for cheats to post here at all, certainly no need for them to post hundreds of time.
This thread is not about cheats cheating - it's about them trying to make everyone think they are right to cheat. As usual for their kind, they are incapable of understanding that not everyone thinks the same way they do and they are not 'right' in what they do.
Perhaps if they could put their selective reading problem aside for a moment and concentrate, I will be able to make it clear once again where they stand.
If you (cheats) want to cheat, go ahead and cheat. Until such time as SE catches up with you, you are free to do as you please. Don't however demand that people view you as anything but what you are - a bunch of obnoxious Internet stereotypes who have established for yourself long before this thread came into existence a reputation as people whose opinions are not going to be taken seriously.
People who have used 3rd party tools since day one to take any sting out of the game and who want everything in easy mode. People who continually attack anyone who simply disagrees with them as a moron or an idiot. People who don't read what they are replying to and who instead try to make out people said things they didn't. People who have experience of every bot and cheat that you can get in FFXI. People who attack others for not cheating and who attack those who happily play by the rules like they were the ones who are doing something wrong. People who try to make out that anyone who speaks out against cheats must be 'jealous'.
No one is going to take people like that seriously. I certainly am not.
So, in short, take your cheats and go away. No one here of sound mind thinks you are noble or righteous in what you do. Indeed, in this thread you had a chance to put forth your case for cheating and you blew it. You showed for all to see the mentality of the cheat in your abusive and obnoxious replies to others.
Before I return to read any responses in a day or so, I fully expect the cheats to have ignored everything I have written and instead tried to justify their cheating some more. I also fully expect the justification of cheating to continue exponentially to the point where someone (probably Banalaty) compares cheats to Nelson Mandela. Or perhaps the cheats will spend another 253 posts explaining why they don't CARE what anyone else thinks of them.
Anyway, if no one objects, I think I'll go and play some FFXI now. I shall log on to my vanilla PC version, probably respond to a few random /shouts for help, give a few teles, chat to some friends, maybe get some EXP then log off and go to bed. I'm not sure how I'll sleep being the evil person those actions make me out to be, but I'll try. Edited, Jul 26th 2012 7:30am by jtftaru