You can get that last round off 1% haste, too.
Not gonna lie though, as someone who was RDM at the 75 cap, I can't even fathom playing it today. The spells aren't enticing enough, and
if I want a sword/magic hybrid, BLU is almost universally superior for the role in every way.
RDM is more of a defensive hybrid while BLU is more of an offensive hybrid. I'm perfectly cool with that though. That's the way it should've been.
I'm interested to see the new gear RDM can wear to cap haste without body. I can't see the FFXIAH link.
input /equip neck "Rancor Collar";
input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";
input /equip feet "Eurus' Ledelsens";
input /equip legs "Calmecac Trousers";
input /equip waist "Phasmida Belt";
input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Tyrant's Ring";
input /equip head "Zelus Tiara";
input /equip hands "Brego Gloves";
input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
input /equip main "Shikargar";
input /equip sub "Almace";
input /equip ear2 "Suppanomimi";
input /equip body "Royal Redingote";
Puts you at 25% Haste (technically something like 24.6) with the body slot free for AJ / ACP / Kudzu. There also is a 5% haste body piece now with Mac.acc, drops from Morta the same NM that drops the Kudzu.
RDM can be a beast in small groups, the types that tend not to have a dedicated healer nor BRD rotations. Recently did a Dyna Beaucidine run with friends, we needed to get my Attestation for my Rag, my friends Attestation for his Xcal, then kill the Attestation NM's for the Katana and Dagger five times each. We farmed all the pop items, killed the NMs, had to do the RDM/PLD one four or five times cause he didn't want to drop Attestation of Righteousness, and got everyone their stuff done in one run. RDM's survival skills really shined in that run as I frequently had to run off on my own or two or more Hydra's.
Problem with RDM is it requires a ton of gear and a ton of work to get right. 500 Enhancing built, full haste TP build, WS Build, MND enfeeble build, INT enfeeble build, Cure build, Fast Cast Utsu set. Leaves you very little extra space, using Req helps a bit as it shares gear with your MND enfeebling set, and requires lots of macro work and most importantly the ability to make snap judgements about the situation. I can imagine PUP being in a very similar situation.
If you're willing to sacrifice 5 STP, anyway, which shouldn't really be a huge loss for a 1h using job.
But the weird thing about pup and gear is that it's only gear intensive if you let it be, and it's somewhat more lenient with it in that you don't need to carry most of your sets at once, because while we're able to adjust for ohshi- moments, our real versatility comes from being able to be pre-adjusted and fill in a role, like, can't find a [blank]? get the pup, and they can probably fill the role well enough (save tanking, which is really the only thing we can't due, and that's almost due to enmity generation rather than actual survivability. We can solo tank like champs with soulsoother and a decent eva set up
For pup, I basically have two sets of sets, which if I'm on pup, I carry only one or the other in my bag, but typically the one I'm not using is in my satchel if I need to switch quickly.
Melee Sets: (For these sets, there's a lot of blending between them; all of them share nearly all of their pieces with at least one other set, though there are a couple that are 1-set pieces)
- Haste/TP set 1 (Favors stats for me; used if I'm rocking a mage pet and don't really need to worry about it meleeing))
- Haste/TP set 2 (Favors stats for the pet; used if I'm rocking a melee pet and need to worry about it meleeing, but it's almost identical at this point due to gear upgrades for the first and nothing to upgrade for this one, such that using the pet favoring pieces is more of a loss than using the ones that favor me. I keep it for situations where I'm not meleeing, but my pet is, for whatever reason.)
- WS set (Just stringing pummel, since I haven't actually played enough since their introduction to bother getting shijin spiral yet, and the difference between it and stringing pummel is almost nothing most of the time)
- Tank/Solo set 1 (Favors offense, mostly my TP set with some eva/subtle blow/pdt pieces thrown in)
- Tank/solo set 2 (Favors defense, for higher accuracy mobs, and by defense I mean evasion)
Universal Sets: (I only usually carry one in my main inventory at a time, if at all. it depends on what I'm fighting)
- Kiting set (Mostly the same as tank/solo 2, but takes out anything actually necessary for damage, in favor of pure survival.)
- PDT set
- MDT set
- Regen set (This is a habit I got into from being a galka mnk for so long. I always
regen pieces for the job I'm on, even if I don't need/use them, entirely out of habit. Mnk's the only job I add an hHP set for, though
Non-melee Sets: (Read: /sch, mostly, since I'm too lazy to level /whm and /rdm, though they're on the list of things to do whenever I get back to playing regularly)
- Max MP set (Necessary because galka)
- Regen/Refresh Idle (Originally, it was for charging sublimation, but that was before sch got stoneskin natively. Now it's for charging sublimation if I'm also doing something that prevents me from casting stoneskin, because it's easier to swap in a 2hp/tick regen than to light arts->stop moving->cast stoneskin)
- Sleep set
- Drain/Aspir set 1 (M.acc heavy, for making sure they don't get resisted, or for when I'm stacking with alacrity)
- Drain/Aspir set 2 (Haste heavy for when I'm not stacking with alacrity and don't need the m.acc)
Pet Sets: (I'm an extremist here, most pups only have an ice maneuver set, and that's only if they frequently use spiritreaver and
know that an ice maneuver set helps a lot)
- Ice Maneuver set (read: maneuver/overload gear, and **** of INT; used for when I'm spamming ice maneuvers while nuking, and the only maneuver set I always
have on me)
- Water Maneuver set (read: maneuver/overload gear, and **** of MND; used for when I'm spamming ice maneuvers and having **** luck with my overload rate)
- Light Maneuver set (read: maneuver/overload gear, and **** of CHR; only really used if I'm playing full healer, where light maneuvers get aaaaalll sorts of spammy)
- Wind Maneuver set (read: maneuver/overload gear, and **** of AGI; used for when I'm using sharpshot and making liberal use of the barrage turbine)
Note: The fire maneuver consuming attachment doesn't warrant spamming fire maneuvers enough to bother with a str set, their is no thunder maneuver consuming attachment, so no reason to spam them, and it's **** impossible to get the vit necessary to make an earth maneuver spamming set, even for a galka, because we get absolutely **** all for vit gear, and the only puppet that warrants earth spam, valoredge, has really high base vit to start with, even before the 8/16/24 extra it gets from maneuvers, which we just can't match. Dark maneuvers are nearly impossible to overload to begin with, but their "stat" is MP, ie: having more MP (full MP, not max MP) than the puppet, so for the melee frames, 1 MP merit is enough, and for the mage frame, which have ~1k base MP, having more than the pet is impossible until they're really low, at which point you're going to deactivate them anyway.
All of my sets are generically situational, not super situational, so I usually know before hand what sets I'll need quick access to.