Sticky this, add it to an existing sticky, etc., just put it somewhere that it can be linked easily here on the boards.
Seems like at least 50% or more of new/returning player posts on the FFXI boards is in regards to problems trying to find a way to get a hold of PlayOnline/Square-Enix for support with problems. They're customer service setup is kind of cryptic and in some cases, require you to go through multiple steps because certain options become available. Here's a quick outline of contact information & methods to help remedy this.
This is the first stop for account or technical issues
Available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
Live Chat Support and Email Support
The next best thing to a phone call
1) Visit Square-Enix Online Support
2) Select either the appropriate Category/Subcategory or enter Account/Billing with Information Change as a Subcategory
3) Enter anything for Contact Details and hit Next
4) The next screen is last chance relevant matches, hit Next again
5) You should now be presented with two Support options, the first button should *Proceed to Email Support; the second button should Proceed to Chat Support
*When using email support, be sure to go back and make sure you've entered the appropriate information into the Category/Subcategory portions of the initial form as these details are delivered with the rest of the email support form provided.
Edited, Dec 2nd 2009 3:22pm by Ryneguy