Ever wondered why your Paladin keeps loosing the hate? There are things you can actually do to help the Paladin be a better one and keep your party safer
1. Do not go all out damage, before 2nd voke (that is providing your paladin knows to voke every 30 secs).
2. If you're a whm, keep Paladin's health a little bit below max. Give him some space to cure himself.
3. If you are a ranger, please stand behind the paladin when doing WS. So, if needed he can use cover on you.
4. Don't make the Paladin pull. He needs rest for MP.
5. If your Paladin paralyzed, please, please, give him paralyna. Nothing is worse than missing a provoke or sentinel because of this. I heard ppl say "but you don't do damage, paralyze is no biggie to you." Well... it is a biggie, when paladin looses aggro due to it.
6. If Paladin is silenced = he's worthless. See #5.
7. Redmages, please understand that chain 4 and 5s are very dependedent on Paladin's MP. He doesn't need MP for nukes, he needs it for cures and aggro. Refresh your tank, it is important.
8. If you see a Paladin in red and he's gonna die, provoking will be worthless most of the time (a good paladin will have close to 0 MP by the time he's close to being dead, which means he generated a lot of aggro). Best thing you can do is to increase your damage as much as you can to kill the mob before it wastes your tank. Remember, you will be next on the mob's breakfast menu.
9. Do not pull when paladin is out of MP. Even if whm is ready for pull (if whm is ready before paladin, there is something wrong usually - ask your paladin to be more conservative on MP).
10. Do not scream for cover and expect your paladin to try to squezee in between you and the mob. Move yourself behind the paladin and move away once cover is over and/or he got the hate back.
11. If you renkei with paladin, put him last in the chain, chances are his TP will be the lowest (meaning sometimes he will have to skip the chain).
12. Remember aggro management is a group effort.
I hope this helps to see a perspective of a Paladin and explain why sometimes even the best paladin will have problems holding aggro.
Edited, Wed Feb 18 12:09:54 2004 by Russian