Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Advanced Item SearchFollow

#1 Oct 07 2017 at 11:47 PM Rating: Excellent
What options would you like to see on the advanced item search tool?

I just started working on it and I know about some of the issues with it and I'll work on those but right now I'm adding some search options.

I added a heirloom option in code which we'll push out to the site early next week.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono
#2 Oct 08 2017 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
128 posts
The effects select box could use some work since it takes over 10 seconds for the SQL that populates it. I don't have a solution but maybe delete effects as it is now and add in more than 1 different selects like "weapon effects" and "armor effects" or "clickie effects"? I guess how the effects are stored in the tables would determine if that would make it faster of slower to populate...

But overall I find the tool to be very useful with the current set of options. There isn't anything I can think to add off the top of my head.
#3 Oct 08 2017 at 1:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Taninger wrote:
The effects select box could use some work since it takes over 10 seconds for the SQL that populates it. I don't have a solution but maybe delete effects as it is now and add in more than 1 different selects like "weapon effects" and "armor effects" or "clickie effects"? I guess how the effects are stored in the tables would determine if that would make it faster of slower to populate...

But overall I find the tool to be very useful with the current set of options. There isn't anything I can think to add off the top of my head.


You are most likely using Firefox if the effects box takes that long to load. It's a known problem with Firefox and drop down boxes full of data. It however is on my TODO list to redo that drop down box.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono
#4 Oct 08 2017 at 6:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
128 posts
Firefox, yes. Interesting - I wouldn't have suspected a client side difference like that.
#5 Oct 08 2017 at 9:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,479 posts
I'd love a checkbox for item delay with the ability to set a range (i.e., under 20, over 30, etc.).

#7 Nov 07 2017 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
Not seeing item scores anymore in the results. Is that by design?
#8 Nov 08 2017 at 12:16 AM Rating: Excellent
It was removed for the time being to make room for more item stats that were recently added. I'll revisit the advanced item search in the future and widen the page out and add the item score back in.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono
#9 Nov 15 2017 at 8:00 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,218 posts
I will have to play around with the search function because I know over the years I've had several experiences of "Boy, I wish I could modify the selection criteria this way or that way" but I can't remember the details right now.
____________________________
Sippin 105 DRU *** Max AA *** Firionia Vie
Master Artisan (300) * Baker * Brewer * Fletcher * Jeweler * Potter * Researcher * Smith * Tailor
My crew: 105 WAR ENC CLE MAG WIZ 100 SHD BER RNG PAL SHM Master Alchemist *** 85 ROG Master Tinkerer & Poison-Maker
#10 Nov 15 2017 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
can we add for Bag searches Capacity: 14,24,36,40,42 or Size Capacity: to the Advance search so we can just get bags?


I think more help of the settings for specific type items should be put on the wiki help page
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Help:EQ_Advanced_Item_Search



like what is the best setting for
bags
I use Slot: Inventory and Named : bag
(but their are some bags that don't have that Bag in the name)

Weapon proc augs -
Slot: Primary or Secondary and Augmentations: ONLY and Augmentation Type: 4 or 7 or 8 (depending on your gear)
was having issues for Augs not having AC but procs like Vampire or Stun or mana saving ect.


#11 Nov 15 2017 at 1:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Larth wrote:
can we add for Bag searches Capacity: 14,24,36,40,42 or Size Capacity: to the Advance search so we can just get bags?


I think more help of the settings for specific type items should be put on the wiki help page
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Help:EQ_Advanced_Item_Search



like what is the best setting for
bags
I use Slot: Inventory and Named : bag
(but their are some bags that don't have that Bag in the name)

Weapon proc augs -
Slot: Primary or Secondary and Augmentations: ONLY and Augmentation Type: 4 or 7 or 8 (depending on your gear)
was having issues for Augs not having AC but procs like Vampire or Stun or mana saving ect.




If you select

Type: Container

it will show anything that has a container slot and of course you can refine it to whatever expansion the bag came from and all that. I'll update the wiki article to include that information and the below. I'll look at adding a slot size for bags in the search.

For weapon proc augs you would set

Slot: Primary or Secondary
Type: Augmentations
Augmentation Type: Whichever

Does this answer what you are posting about?

Edited, Nov 15th 2017 1:15pm by Gidono
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono
#12 Nov 16 2017 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
sure thanks.
#13 Nov 16 2017 at 8:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,479 posts
snailish wrote:
I'd love a checkbox for item delay with the ability to set a range (i.e., under 20, over 30, etc.).




So... was delay:damage and damage:delay always there and I forgot/missed it? [if it was added, nice add!]

Kind of handy. If the ratio aspect is what you are after.


My original ask is probably not that simple, but I thought about it... and just being able to select delay (or damage I suppose) alone would narrow the list down the way I was wishing for, but only if it was a really simple thing to add (since the existing ratio way kind of gets to what I wanted anyways and maybe nobody else cares to see straight up delay or damage sorted on a list).
#14 Nov 16 2017 at 8:43 PM Rating: Excellent
snailish wrote:
snailish wrote:
I'd love a checkbox for item delay with the ability to set a range (i.e., under 20, over 30, etc.).




So... was delay:damage and damage:delay always there and I forgot/missed it? [if it was added, nice add!]

Kind of handy. If the ratio aspect is what you are after.


My original ask is probably not that simple, but I thought about it... and just being able to select delay (or damage I suppose) alone would narrow the list down the way I was wishing for, but only if it was a really simple thing to add (since the existing ratio way kind of gets to what I wanted anyways and maybe nobody else cares to see straight up delay or damage sorted on a list).


Damage Delay filters have always been there as far as I know. The only thing I did with them was change up how it's displayed on the actual item stats.

Your request can be done but as usual my priorities are focused on Ring of Scale expansion. I'm mainly in content mode right now so code fixes/additions will have to wait until afterwards unless it's something really simple I can add right away.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (79)