I last played EQ from release until just after the release of Lost Dungeons of Norrath and I've decided to give it a spin again as I have some free time and missed the game. I have a level 57 Shadowknight on Firiona Vie that has Defiant gear on my chest, arms and legs. I've picked up a couple other items for cheap in the Bazaar (my how my rings and ear slot items were outdated). My 2h weapon is a Fabled Dark Reaver 47 dam 42 dly, I also have a 25dly 25 dam one hander and shield (that's not great but not bad). Until I get back into the swing of things and get a bit of better gear (and get the gear augmented), I'm probably going solo. HPs unbuffed are 5K AC is 1500.
I have a few questions:
1) What are some good zones to hit up solo that drop decent stuff (need money) and aren't typically overcamped. I tried Crypt of Nadox and it was fine, but I had to go in aways and ended up having to FD my way out of there after a bad pull. The entrance seems to be always camped. I know the current hotzone is Plane of Disease, but that's a terrible zone. I'd prefer something either A) I haven't seen since I quit before it was implemented or B) something not a Plane. Old school zones would be fine (I was thinking Howling Stones or Grieg's End, but I'm not sure the drops there would be worthwhile these days) and I prefer indoors.
2) Tank, Healer or DPS Mercenary. I've tried Tank and Healer. Having a pet Cleric is nice, but there's no damage output from them, so I think a Tank and me offtanking/DPSing (as poor as it is) is probably a better option. I toyed with getting a melee or spell DPS merc just to see how it would work, but I'd rather not eat dirt to find out if someone with experience would let me know.
3) Should I try to get to 60 or work on AA's first? Or put like 30 percent experience to AAs?
4) Does anyone do LDoN or something similar or is everything outdoor grouping these days?
5) Does the game run slightly poorly for anyone else? I've got a quad core, 8 gb ram, HD7700 graphics and pretty much everything else runs fine, but EQ seems to chug occasionally
Thanks in advance, and if anyone knows of any good levelling/non-raid guilds on FV that might be recruiting, please let me know!
Edited, Jan 23rd 2013 12:53pm by Grady