Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Falsely Band for Hacking (SOE deleted from their forums)Follow

#1 Jan 17 2013 at 8:58 AM Rating: Sub-Default
4 posts
Greetings my fellow everquest players,

Monday was a sad day for me, indeed. I had my account banned for eight days with no explanation other than I benefited from someone using 3rd party hacks or exploits or I used them myself.

I do not expect anyone to take my word that I am not a hacker. All you have to do is group with me or talk to people that group with me to know the answer....

After days upon days of talking to them on the phone (does nothing, they say it's all handled in-game. Meaning the people that answer the phone do not know ANYTHING about everquest. They may know about gameplay but not programming or anything that would give them the power to help.

I am afraid to continue playing on Monday or to spend another cent in the store or for my membership. I feel my account has been STOLEN for 8 days. If it was permabanned then I cannot think of another word besides stolen,

If anyone can please share their expierence, strength, and or hope in these situation I would be very grateful.

How can I tell if someone is hacking? I consider myself relativly smart person, and I've never witnessed anything in gahat made me say, "Wow, is that possible without hacking!? " or "HFS, this person hacks!!"

Whomever got me caught up in their hacking was doing it very sneaky like.

How can they play these UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS ON ME? I am so **** frusterated, I wanna kill someone (kidding, well, maybe)

They want me to not group with hackers yet they will not tell me how to recognize or tell me who was hacking. This is assanine and do not comprehend how in their right minds they can do this.

/rant off (temporarily)


Seriously, though. How can I make sure this doesn't happen again if and when I choose to resume playing.



~Poisen#9
#2AnystasiaCT, Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:02 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This is the most detailed response I recieved from a GM. Every other response was similar or just a link to the rules.
#3 Jan 17 2013 at 11:08 AM Rating: Excellent
*
138 posts
You already admitted to grouping with someone you knew hacked in one of your many deleted threads over there. So you know you are in the wrong and just keep trying to make a nuisance of yourself and for what? You keep spamming up the forums and they keep deleting them. It's a 7 day suspension, grow up and take it like a man.
#4 Jan 17 2013 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*
234 posts
"falsely band"

What, they couldn't really play any instruments?

Tat :)
____________________________
Tatankaa (95 Inquis)/Urkell (38 Conj)/ Seanthornton (24 Pally), <Inisfree> Freeport server

Tatanka Wolfdancer, 89 Wood Elf Druid
Anaceup Mysleeves, 86 Erudite Mage
Snookims Whinslow, 86 Erudite Enchanter
<Inisfree>, Tunare (Seventh Hammer!)
#5 Jan 17 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
So I just want to know who and on what server you grouped with so those of us who dont hack dont end up in a group with them.
#6 Jan 17 2013 at 1:14 PM Rating: Default
4 posts
This inaccurate. I said after searching and trying to come up with a reason there were people I was suspicous of. All of these people have been online since I've been banned..
#7 Jan 17 2013 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
250 posts
Four things come to mind.

1. Stop bothering the GMs, the world doesnt revolve around you, the GMs are people too. If you being grouped with someone who was cheating caused a suspension, then it was something that must be pretty major, so im guessing as much as you deny it, chances are someone stuck out who was doing exceptional things by themselves.

2. You were not robbed nor stolen from, Everquest is owned by Sony, you are paying for the ability to play the game, essentially, youre renting it. A rule is violated, they respond as they feel is appropriate, dont like it? Dont play.

3. Whining here wont work.

4. Your lack of grammar and rushed typing tells me you're underage or you wouldn't react like such a brat.
____________________________
Oceanus - 88 paladin - Formerly of Xev (Server Combine), Druzzil Ro (Server Combine), and now of Xegony (Server Combine)
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Mattman2610/1270289116356.gif[/IMG]

This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.
#8 Jan 17 2013 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
98 posts
LuckyPoseidon wrote:
Four things come to mind.

1. Stop bothering the GMs, the world doesnt revolve around you, the GMs are people too. If you being grouped with someone who was cheating caused a suspension, then it was something that must be pretty major, so im guessing as much as you deny it, chances are someone stuck out who was doing exceptional things by themselves.

2. You were not robbed nor stolen from, Everquest is owned by Sony, you are paying for the ability to play the game, essentially, youre renting it. A rule is violated, they respond as they feel is appropriate, dont like it? Dont play.

3. Whining here wont work.

4. Your lack of grammar and rushed typing tells me you're underage or you wouldn't react like such a brat.



Very well said.i could not have said it any better.As well like you said "Whining here wont work" is so true because we dont want to hear it.You had posted on the EQ forums and it was deleted.

So why post it here? Want more sympathy?

Im sure you have posted else where to whine( i havent looked nor am i going to look)

You where in fault so deal with it and stop your complaining
#9 Jan 17 2013 at 5:30 PM Rating: Excellent
They could have been less lenient, and outright Banned your account Permanently. I'm not saying you are guilty or innocent, but making a big stink of the situation on an unofficial forum is not going to do anything. What I'm curious about, is you stated that you know those same people are online and not banned (the ones you group with)... how do you know if you aren't able to log in? Team Speak? Private forums? Do you have a second account that you can clearly see they are online with?

Just because your 'friends' say they didnt do it... would you really take their word, over the server side information that EQ can and does look at?
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#10AnystasiaCT, Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 6:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I was looking for more information than I already had. I do not feel comtorable spending money in a game if I do not own the items. I am glad I learned all this before it was just more than hundreds of dollars.
#11 Jan 17 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
250 posts
First and foremost, you came to OUR message board and whined, we didn't seek you out.

Secondly, Its a form of entertainment and a cheap one too, half a dollar a (.30 if you pay for a year) day to play on the monthly schedule (assuming 30 day months divided by 15, 10/30 = .30 cents..) so even if it costs you little more than one hundred dollars, its one of the cheapest forms of entertainment.

Third, The everquest community always wants more players, we strive (except the trolls) to be helpful to real noobs. But we absolutely 100% do not want any players who spam Sony's boards, who cheat (mod, hack, etc.), who act like the victims (break the rules as you see fit, do not ***** when reprimanded), then complain some more on another board.



This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.


____________________________
Oceanus - 88 paladin - Formerly of Xev (Server Combine), Druzzil Ro (Server Combine), and now of Xegony (Server Combine)
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Mattman2610/1270289116356.gif[/IMG]

This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.
#12 Jan 18 2013 at 6:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
21 posts
AnystasiaCT wrote:
I do not feel comtorable spending money in a game if I do not own the items.


This is how most online multiplayer games work ( WoW , Rift , Swtor and so on ) .. none of us own our stuff - we are , as someone posted earlier, just paying for the right to play them . When games like these sadly finally fold everything will be lost to us anyway .

Much as I sympathize with folk who have been banned or suspended through no fault of their own ( I had a friend who got a 6 day suspension a few years because they grouped , unknowingly at the time, with someone who hacked ) , players who do hack mess up the game for the rest of us and its good to know that Sony are trying to get rid of them . Ranting at GMs and/or calling them childish names in posts certainly won't help at all if you do feel you've been suspended without reason .

At least you just got a suspension and were not banned completely , be thankful for that!

Edited, Jan 18th 2013 7:27am by Rangergate
#13 Jan 19 2013 at 5:57 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,072 posts
I'll try to help but need more information.

There are widely known methods of bleeding edge power leveling besides Headshot. They are of course completely normal game mechanics involving Shaman Apathy line, PBAE spells, damage shields and 100 mob pulls.

How fast did you gain xp regular or AA at the time of your banning?

Specifics will help a lot since the bleeding edge limits are well known and what you accomplished and were banned for can be compared.

Was it not an XP gain issue? Was it an encounter issue where you killed mobs/named with little risk? Again, the bleeding edge possibilities are widely practiced legally so we can compare if you give specific examples.

3 lv 100 DPS caster mercs on burn looks like hacking when they clear the HoT courtyard in under 1 minute but it's all legit.

Edited, Jan 19th 2013 12:00pm by Reyla
____________________________
After 16 years, I'm not listing every friggin character.
#14 Jan 20 2013 at 1:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
41 posts
From the threads on station the OP started...

OP messed up. OP refuses to admit hemessed up. OP hopes the community will come to his defense.

Sorry bud, you stepped on your wanger and got caught. Man up, learn, and drive on.
#15 Feb 09 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
113 posts
LuckyPoseidon wrote:
First and foremost, you came to OUR message board and whined, we didn't seek you out.

Secondly, Its a form of entertainment and a cheap one too, half a dollar a (.30 if you pay for a year) day to play on the monthly schedule (assuming 30 day months divided by 15, 10/30 = .30 cents..) so even if it costs you little more than one hundred dollars, its one of the cheapest forms of entertainment.

Third, The everquest community always wants more players, we strive (except the trolls) to be helpful to real noobs. But we absolutely 100% do not want any players who spam Sony's boards, who cheat (mod, hack, etc.), who act like the victims (break the rules as you see fit, do not ***** when reprimanded), then complain some more on another board.



This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.




Uhh you had me until
LuckyPoseidon wrote:
This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.



We don't want those kinda people in WoW either!!


Edited, Feb 9th 2013 2:18pm by Kaiena
#16 Feb 11 2013 at 4:09 AM Rating: Good
Kaiena wrote:
Uhh you had me until
LuckyPoseidon wrote:
This is a game for a mature player, you want easy, want to curse a lot, want to grief, cheat, pretty much ruin the game? Go play World of Warcraft, cause we don't want you.



We don't want those kinda people in WoW either!!


Edited, Feb 9th 2013 2:18pm by Kaiena


Kinda late for that, wouldn't you say? That horse is so far out of the barn, you can't see it on the horizon!
____________________________
Rendition
Cazic Thule

Maxim
Firiona Vie

Collusion
Test
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CST
tatankaseventh, Anonymous Guests (60)