Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Who Plays on Firiona Vie? Sept 2012 VersionFollow

#1 Sep 04 2012 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,084 posts
As it says, I am curious who plays in my old home these days?
#2 Sep 04 2012 at 3:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
499 posts
I dont play on FV atm but have a low level bazaar "scout" there and last week I logged him in on FV to see what the trader population was like there as I've noticed a slow but steady drop off in the population on AB where I've played all my life in EQ..

There were around 200+ traders on FV at about 10 pm est.... That compared to 90-110 traders max on AB server these days.

I know this is not accurate, but it does indicate that it is alive and well since the free transfer to FV was initiated. I am actually considering doing the once unthinkable act of moving all of my main characters from AB to FV. I'm just a bit apprehensive because once I move to FV I can never leave.

One thing I noticed though was that the prices being asked for some items in the bazaar chat was in the millions of platinum. i.e. someone was asking 2.1 million for one raid level chest piece with type 15 Aug, a weapon and a few damage augs.

I know that some of the ZAM contributers play there so I hope they reply as they'll be able to give you more details.
#3 Sep 04 2012 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,362 posts
I'm taking a break from EQ at the moment, but I still reside on FV. It has a healthy population compared to most servers.
#4 Sep 05 2012 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
I still play there...but lately I've been in Gw2. However all of my toons (both accounts) are on FV so if I ever log in... you can bug me for a temp Smiley: grin
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#5 Sep 05 2012 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,096 posts
I moved my crew to FV several months ago, I am enjoying the move ;-)
____________________________
Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.

Barack Obama

Laen - 90 Dru
Haam - 90 Sk
Laosha - 90 Shammy
Lutan - 90 Bard
#6 Sep 06 2012 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
I play full-time on there as well as lead my own guild. ~smile~

But yes, it does have a healthy population. During prime time, there's usually 3 general chats going on. =)
#7 Sep 06 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,084 posts
missjackie wrote:
During prime time, there's usually 3 general chats going on. =)

*shudder* Sounds like a wretched hive of scum and villainy. =) Honestly I turn all that off. I even turned off /shout for a while (is it realistic that I hear people 1,000 meters away in the bottom of that cave system? no). But then someone yelled at me for missing a camp check in Dulak (derp, see last comment, I am flaged RP and in character).

But seriously.. thank you for your answers. It was not so much a population check (I know people that are playing now on FV) as building a stalking list. 0=)
#8 Sep 06 2012 at 4:13 PM Rating: Good
Felicite wrote:
missjackie wrote:
During prime time, there's usually 3 general chats going on. =)

*shudder* Sounds like a wretched hive of scum and villainy. =) Honestly I turn all that off. I even turned off /shout for a while (is it realistic that I hear people 1,000 meters away in the bottom of that cave system? no). But then someone yelled at me for missing a camp check in Dulak (derp, see last comment, I am flaged RP and in character).

But seriously.. thank you for your answers. It was not so much a population check (I know people that are playing now on FV) as building a stalking list. 0=)


~giggle~ I have the General Chat channels off by default because I got tired of seeing Lucerin speak. The sheer stupidity made my brain melt a little bit. I occasionally turn it on if someone is b*tching about one of my guildmates (I'm guild leader and I wanna know if any of my members are being jerks, hehe).

Anywho, I don't mind being stalked. I think? As long as you bring cookies and stuff. ;)
#9 Sep 11 2012 at 3:19 AM Rating: Excellent
missjackie wrote:
~giggle~ I have the General Chat channels off by default because I got tired of seeing Lucerin speak. The sheer stupidity made my brain melt a little bit. I occasionally turn it on if someone is b*tching about one of my guildmates (I'm guild leader and I wanna know if any of my members are being jerks, hehe).


Ah Lucerin. I wonder what kind of human being divulges such controversial personal information (unable to work, unable to have ***, over 50 years old and married to a man almost half her age) on a nearly daily basis and then makes comments that open her up to summary ridicule. I often love when she logs in for the same reason people love reality shows: for an example of how I'm not quite as messed up as I might think sometimes. Smiley: tongue

I'm on FV and lead a guild of occasionally logging in friends, though we tried out GW2 on release and have moved back to City of Heroes since the death sentence was passed down.
____________________________
Rendition
Cazic Thule

Maxim
Firiona Vie

Collusion
Test
#10 Sep 11 2012 at 10:22 PM Rating: Good
Remianen wrote:
missjackie wrote:
~giggle~ I have the General Chat channels off by default because I got tired of seeing Lucerin speak. The sheer stupidity made my brain melt a little bit. I occasionally turn it on if someone is b*tching about one of my guildmates (I'm guild leader and I wanna know if any of my members are being jerks, hehe).


Ah Lucerin. I wonder what kind of human being divulges such controversial personal information (unable to work, unable to have ***, over 50 years old and married to a man almost half her age) on a nearly daily basis and then makes comments that open her up to summary ridicule. I often love when she logs in for the same reason people love reality shows: for an example of how I'm not quite as messed up as I might think sometimes. Smiley: tongue

I'm on FV and lead a guild of occasionally logging in friends, though we tried out GW2 on release and have moved back to City of Heroes since the death sentence was passed down.


I'm actually really good friends with her hubby, who also happens to play on Firiona Vie too. I didn't even know who his wife was (Lucerin) until a few months later when he mentioned her. But yeah, the personal things he's told me about her.... I could so write a big novel about it. ;)
#11 Sep 13 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
You should do it! Nowadays, you don't even need to pitch it to publishers. Just put it up on the Kindle store!
____________________________
Rendition
Cazic Thule

Maxim
Firiona Vie

Collusion
Test
#12 Sep 14 2012 at 11:34 PM Rating: Good
Remianen wrote:
You should do it! Nowadays, you don't even need to pitch it to publishers. Just put it up on the Kindle store!


~giggle~ If it weren't for my friendship with her hubby, I would so tell everyone ;)
#13 Sep 21 2012 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
36 posts
I play on Firiona Vie too ;) (the horror! jk XD
#14 Sep 22 2012 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,312 posts
I moved my toons to FV a while back and never looked back. Been a great experience. Not online much lately due to demands of RL but I am planning to play more. I'm a sucker for level cap increases so I need max out 95 before xpac goes live and then do the grind to 100.

Who ever anticipated an EQ toon could be Level 100! That's double the original cap and, boy, did that seem HIGH and virtually (yeah, double meaning there lol) unattainable at the time.

In terms of the aforementioned player, let's not derail this interesting thread! But I will say this: there are a number of "types" of players in EQ and a very interesting book could be written on these various "types", maybe with real examples from the game, but with toon names changed to protect everyone involved. THAT would make for interesting reading. Actually I may start a thread to discuss "types" of players. No real players to be mentioned, just the "types" and see if people see themselves in the descriptions.


Edited, Sep 22nd 2012 12:22pm by Sippin
____________________________
Sippin 100 DRU *** Max AA *** Firionia Vie
Master Artisan (300) * Baker * Brewer * Fletcher * Jeweler * Potter * Researcher * Smith * Tailor
My crew: 100 WAR ENC CLE MAG WIZ SHD BER RNG SHM Master Alchemist 96 PAL *** 70 ROG Master Tinkerer & Poison-Maker
#15 Sep 24 2012 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,084 posts
I support your achetype thread (and hope to not see myself there.. even though I know I will).
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CDT
gogarbok, Pani, Yther, Anonymous Guests (59)